41/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

what is the big deal with Wii U

i mean, they all ready have Wii, which i was considering getting for my Tax return present now they've got Wii U which is ridiculous in price that just came out to tempt me. what's the big deal about it? which do you think is better to get if you were to get one.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Wii U is newer, faster, greater movement sensitivity, better?

Newer features (eg. screen on your controller).

And my guess is that it'll be futureproof for the next ~5 years. They'll start phasing out new releases on the Wii and ramp up on Wii U. So you won't be playing any new games on the old Wii in a year or two (other than those yearly sports games' ports).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

jaedyn32 (01-23-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Yeah, unless you're going off of craigslist and buying a Wii for cheap, then I wouldn't even bother buying one. Better off getting a good computer and emulating imo. Emulation programs keep getting better and better. Wii U will be the long-term way to go.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    My freind has one , the whole use ur control as a screen thing is nice but I think the wii is a gimmick. I have one and its been stored for about 2 years now not been used. I only ever played zelda on it anyway...

Xbox 720 has kinnect as standard from what I have been told . People working on the machine say it has 3gb of memory dedicated to the operating system functions , the only way to justify this is if they include kinnect with every 720.

The ps4 is a pure gaming machine in comparrison also , the 720 is basically a windows pc and the ps4 is basically a linux pc. This makes porting the games to pc/linux very easy and linux gaming scene will drastially improve .
    Last edited by DarkByte; 01-23-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    yeah we currently just own a PS3. so all the Wii games will upgrade to the Wii U then? I like the Wii cuz it has more of the cutesy type games. i'm more about ease then coolness. hubby loves the Playstation.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I love my Wii U. I like that it has a webcam, I can control my cable box with the tablet (go to the guide, change volume, switch channels, etc), I can switch inputs on my tv with it, I can play my game on the tablet while my kiddo watches a movie, that's basically all I've done with it so far. I also use Netflix and YouTube on it, it's fast and I can have it on for many hours and it doesn't get hot or warm. Where I have it set up with little ventilation I would not be able to have my Xbox on for any length of time without that getting overheated. The tablet has a decent battery life, I like how sleek and small it is and doesn't take up hardly any room, the tablet is also very lightweight. I'm disappointed how the old Wii depreciated in value, I was going to trade mine at Gamestop and was only offered $25 since it came out.

OOOOAAARRGGHH!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    1d 12h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I got the WiiU and for the first few weeks it was great, after you complete your games and realise its about �50 PER GAME then the wonders wear off. I haven't touched mine since February.