Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: I was just informed...

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    A Place
    Posts
    637
    Thanks
    300
    Thanked 184 Times in 151 Posts


    Downloads
    28
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Time Online
    15 d 13 h 55 m
    Avg. Time Online
    11 m
    Rep Power
    0

    I was just informed...

    My grandpa has had cancer in his face for quite awhile now. Well he lives in North Carolina. The last time I saw home was 6 years ago. He was informed today that he only has a few weeks to live. What do I do?? It's going to cost more then 600$ to go see him after taxes and that stuff. Sigh.. Was a fun day today until this hit me.

  2. #2
    Trinket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    662
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 777 Times in 309 Posts


    Downloads
    8
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Time Online
    11 d 17 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    8 m
    Rep Power
    9
    I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. -hug-

    It's a lot of money, but if it'll be the last time you see him, I personally think it's worth the cost -- it's entirely up to you though, and I suppose closeness plays a huge part. Despite not seeing him for six years, did you still talk to him regularly?

  3. #3
    victoriamle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Location
    ~
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 79 Times in 66 Posts


    Downloads
    49
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Time Online
    5 d 23 h 38 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 m
    Rep Power
    6
    Try and see him or you might regret it-
    I put off visiting my grandmother and the day before I was going up to visit, she had passed away.
    My condolences go out to you and your family, I wish you all the best

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Posts
    855
    Thanks
    214
    Thanked 128 Times in 109 Posts


    Downloads
    37
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Time Online
    36 d 19 h 35 m
    Avg. Time Online
    28 m
    Rep Power
    6
    Go to him. Visiting a family member with that kind of problem, is always worth the money.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    A Place
    Posts
    637
    Thanks
    300
    Thanked 184 Times in 151 Posts


    Downloads
    28
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Time Online
    15 d 13 h 55 m
    Avg. Time Online
    11 m
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinket View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. -hug-

    It's a lot of money, but if it'll be the last time you see him, I personally think it's worth the cost -- it's entirely up to you though, and I suppose closeness plays a huge part. Despite not seeing him for six years, did you still talk to him regularly?
    Thanks.
    About the closeness. Yeah I really do feel close to him. He has done everything for me and I'd give the world to beable to save him. Him and I got along so well. He'd be the type to tell my parents and grandma to go to the beach we would catch up then we'd go shopping instead. It's so worth it but its just the money I don't have at this time

    ---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by victoriamle View Post
    Try and see him or you might regret it-
    I put off visiting my grandmother and the day before I was going up to visit, she had passed away.
    My condolences go out to you and your family, I wish you all the best
    Wow thats really sad I'm sorry.
    Thanks so much.

    ---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by babytroop123456 View Post
    Go to him. Visiting a family member with that kind of problem, is always worth the money.
    I agree very much.
    Thanks

  6. #6
    Trinket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    662
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 777 Times in 309 Posts


    Downloads
    8
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Time Online
    11 d 17 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    8 m
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
    Thanks.
    About the closeness. Yeah I really do feel close to him. He has done everything for me and I'd give the world to beable to save him. Him and I got along so well. He'd be the type to tell my parents and grandma to go to the beach we would catch up then we'd go shopping instead. It's so worth it but its just the money I don't have at this time
    Is there perhaps anyone you could borrow the money from?
    He sounds like a very important part of your life. I lost my dad in February, so I understand what you're going through. Really though, it's worth it to see him one last time <3

  7. #7
    Saiyan Race





    Infamous Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    Hyperbolic Time Chamber
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9,754
    Thanks
    2,780
    Thanked 16,240 Times in 4,238 Posts


    Downloads
    23
    Uploads
    36
    Mentioned
    2985 Post(s)
    Time Online
    293 d 17 h 55 m
    Avg. Time Online
    3 h 44 m
    Rep Power
    10
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Infam0us Joe Steam ID: infamousjoe
    Sorry to hear about your situation. If you feel you should be going to see him, then you should at least try your best.

    I hope the best for you.

  8. #8
    zmurd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 71 Times in 49 Posts


    Downloads
    30
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Time Online
    7 d 22 h 8 m
    Avg. Time Online
    6 m
    Rep Power
    5
    my grandfather, who may as well be my father, has been battling stage 3 small cell lung cancer for over a year now, currently in remission, so i can totally relate bud ... but whenever anything bad happens, or he starts to get sicker, my first thought is how much i am going to miss him and how i wish we could have hung out one more time. do whatever you can to get that $600. i am sure seeing you would mean the world to him right now, and it will help you a lot. best of luck.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    A Place
    Posts
    637
    Thanks
    300
    Thanked 184 Times in 151 Posts


    Downloads
    28
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Time Online
    15 d 13 h 55 m
    Avg. Time Online
    11 m
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinket View Post
    Is there perhaps anyone you could borrow the money from?
    He sounds like a very important part of your life. I lost my dad in February, so I understand what you're going through. Really though, it's worth it to see him one last time <3
    I am working on trying to find someone.. (Pushing my mom to file taxes asap to buy my ticket)
    He is very important to me. I am sorry to hear about your lost It really is!!

    ---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    Sorry to hear about your situation. If you feel you should be going to see him, then you should at least try your best.

    I hope the best for you.
    Thanks a bunch Joe.
    I am def going to be trying my best!

    ---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by zmurd View Post
    my grandfather, who may as well be my father, has been battling stage 3 small cell lung cancer for over a year now, currently in remission, so i can totally relate bud ... but whenever anything bad happens, or he starts to get sicker, my first thought is how much i am going to miss him and how i wish we could have hung out one more time. do whatever you can to get that $600. i am sure seeing you would mean the world to him right now, and it will help you a lot. best of luck.
    Wow, I am very sorry to hear about your grandfather!
    There's not a day that goes by without me thinking about him!
    I am def trying to..
    It would a ton.
    Thanks!!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to iBeast For This Useful Post:

    Trinket (01-22-2013)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •