28/0
    Mentioned
    171 times
    Time Online
    15d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

I was just informed...

My grandpa has had cancer in his face for quite awhile now. Well he lives in North Carolina. The last time I saw home was 6 years ago. He was informed today that he only has a few weeks to live. What do I do?? It's going to cost more then 600$ to go see him after taxes and that stuff. Sigh.. Was a fun day today until this hit me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    240 times
    Time Online
    12d 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. -hug-

It's a lot of money, but if it'll be the last time you see him, I personally think it's worth the cost -- it's entirely up to you though, and I suppose closeness plays a huge part. Despite not seeing him for six years, did you still talk to him regularly?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    5d 23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Try and see him or you might regret it-
    I put off visiting my grandmother and the day before I was going up to visit, she had passed away.
    My condolences go out to you and your family, I wish you all the best

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    36d 19h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Go to him. Visiting a family member with that kind of problem, is always worth the money.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    171 times
    Time Online
    15d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinket View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. -hug-

It's a lot of money, but if it'll be the last time you see him, I personally think it's worth the cost -- it's entirely up to you though, and I suppose closeness plays a huge part. Despite not seeing him for six years, did you still talk to him regularly?
    Thanks.
    About the closeness. Yeah I really do feel close to him. He has done everything for me and I'd give the world to beable to save him. Him and I got along so well. He'd be the type to tell my parents and grandma to go to the beach we would catch up then we'd go shopping instead. It's so worth it but its just the money I don't have at this time

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by victoriamle View Post
    Try and see him or you might regret it-
    I put off visiting my grandmother and the day before I was going up to visit, she had passed away.
    My condolences go out to you and your family, I wish you all the best
    Wow thats really sad I'm sorry.
    Thanks so much.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by babytroop123456 View Post
    Go to him. Visiting a family member with that kind of problem, is always worth the money.
    I agree very much.
    Thanks

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    240 times
    Time Online
    12d 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
    Thanks.
    About the closeness. Yeah I really do feel close to him. He has done everything for me and I'd give the world to beable to save him. Him and I got along so well. He'd be the type to tell my parents and grandma to go to the beach we would catch up then we'd go shopping instead. It's so worth it but its just the money I don't have at this time
    Is there perhaps anyone you could borrow the money from?
    He sounds like a very important part of your life. I lost my dad in February, so I understand what you're going through. Really though, it's worth it to see him one last time <3

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 4h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Sorry to hear about your situation. If you feel you should be going to see him, then you should at least try your best.

I hope the best for you.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    10d 19h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    my grandfather, who may as well be my father, has been battling stage 3 small cell lung cancer for over a year now, currently in remission, so i can totally relate bud ... but whenever anything bad happens, or he starts to get sicker, my first thought is how much i am going to miss him and how i wish we could have hung out one more time. do whatever you can to get that $600. i am sure seeing you would mean the world to him right now, and it will help you a lot. best of luck.
    Ana's slave <3

Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    171 times
    Time Online
    15d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinket View Post
    Is there perhaps anyone you could borrow the money from?
    He sounds like a very important part of your life. I lost my dad in February, so I understand what you're going through. Really though, it's worth it to see him one last time <3
    I am working on trying to find someone.. (Pushing my mom to file taxes asap to buy my ticket)
    He is very important to me. I am sorry to hear about your lost It really is!!

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    Sorry to hear about your situation. If you feel you should be going to see him, then you should at least try your best.

I hope the best for you.
    Thanks a bunch Joe.
    I am def going to be trying my best!

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zmurd View Post
    my grandfather, who may as well be my father, has been battling stage 3 small cell lung cancer for over a year now, currently in remission, so i can totally relate bud ... but whenever anything bad happens, or he starts to get sicker, my first thought is how much i am going to miss him and how i wish we could have hung out one more time. do whatever you can to get that $600. i am sure seeing you would mean the world to him right now, and it will help you a lot. best of luck.
    Wow, I am very sorry to hear about your grandfather!
    There's not a day that goes by without me thinking about him!
    I am def trying to..
    It would a ton.
    Thanks!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iBeast For This Useful Post:

Trinket (01-22-2013)