18/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    40d 9h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

Keeping an Illegit Account/Pet

Hey guys! I've been frozen one to many times (have't we all?) and I was wondering a few things on how to keep an illegit account/pet under the radar.

So far I am working up an account, semi-legit, as in I've done half of the game avatars I have legitimately and the other half isn't.
    I'm working my way up to being able to put some UC's on there.
    So far I haven't appeared on the boards because I don't want people to see me building with nothing then all of a sudden having VWN UC's.

I was wondering how do you make Google update a Cached page?
    And does Caching a page really help? Is it untraceable to the account it was previously on?

Also, I'm scared to get trophies. Is there any good guides on how to get trophies without looking suspicious?

Please tag me in your post as I regularly get lost when it comes to boards!
    Any guides would help immensely.
    Thank you in advanced!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I suppose you want this to be your main, you cannot reliably keep a main and keep it illegit unless you can accept the account as expendable.

For starters, cut any current and future illegit activities, you account may already be tagged by TNT for monitoring, you can never know for certain.
    If you're desperate, don't do anything fishy for at least 1 month, though TNT can track activity from months before. Ideally, 3 months would be safer, and 6+ months would be safest.

It's good that you're staying under the radar by not going on the boards, keep at that. Also keep neomail convos to a minimum, and trade/auction activity low.

If you haven't already, go over your user lookup and correct anything that looks empty/bland. Eg. filling up your stamp album with 1-50 NP stamps (there is a guide somewhere here about stamp prices, cheapest included), cheap Neodeck cards, a crappy gallery and small shop, for example.

At this point, the only trophies you should aim for are the non-flash ones that don't require scores to be reviewed. If you don't already have them, trophies like Snow Wars, Cheat, Cellblock...and I forgot the rest (there are definitely more).

Google will automatically update a cached page over a few months' time (average ~3 months). There are users here that have been able to request an updated cache for their websites/pages from Google, but the requests are not always granted. Someone else can probably help you better on this topic.

Caching an *updated* page does help, as it makes those dumb nosy PCers harder to pry, you could say it stops them in their tracks, other than their own assumptions. It's only the first step however, as TNT can go beyond that and still look at your activity, as I mentioned at the beginning, from months back.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Brittney (01-18-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    40d 9h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I haven't used this account since I got it (about 9 months).
    My plan was to not contact anyone on this account, finish collecting a good amount of avatars (easy for me), play games to get the gamer avatar, and make the account look as presentable as possible. I haven't sent any extremely high scores. Ever. I know how to AoB legit looking gamer scores. As in play a game for a week sending slightly higher scores the next time over. Until the avatar.
    I have my own set of 6 private proxies. I use only one for the account. I never log in with my hope IP ever.
    Once I've done building up the account my plan was to let it rot for a while, before starting to transfer some things over.

Does that sound any good?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    If it's been inactive for 9 months (and 9 months since the semi-legit stuff), things are very safe for you right now.

All the precautions you've outlined fit perfectly. If you haven't finished your plans for building your account, you can start immediately. Just refrain from any large item/np/pet transfers for at least a couple weeks, I'd suggest a month. Going from dead-inactive to wildly active and a huge in-flux of nice things/pets can also tip them off. So in that time continue building your account, or do some light dailies, etc.

Good job in planning thus far.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Brittney (01-18-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    40d 9h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I've been frozen too many times to count for carelessness and flaunting. I've learned a lesson or two, and recently learned I have to clear my cookies more often. I feel pretty safe, at the moment I'll be looking to build up to 250 avatars, a nice amount of stamps/cards, a decent gallery and trophies I know I can get.
    The pet(s) that I will be putting on the account means way too much for me to risk, I learnt that one the hard way...
    It feels good to know I'm on the right track though.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigine View Post
    I've been frozen too many times to count for carelessness and flaunting.
    I hope it wasn't you that bought an Attack Pea here off someone, then immediately ran to BD chat flashing it around like a boss. You probably know what happened soon after that .

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    40d 9h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Oh don't worry, that wasn't me. Though I did do something like that with a MSPP once. That was just for funnsies though. I was talking about pets that you're extremely attached to, so much so you didn't wait for a Cache.