Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    5d 9h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by babytroop123456 View Post
    lol SS = Social Studies
    Ok, I'll google that later, but what is AP?

Sorry, I'm not A-merry-can =[
    If my post helped please send $2,000,000 via PayPal!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    @(you need an account to see links)

My GPA is like 3.4, but I have extraneous circumstances. My last two years have been like 3.7 and 3.8 ish respectively. Course difficulty is more important than GPA in most cases, and I think I have like 5 or 6 APs? I'll check collegeboard later. Also, class rank is like top 20%, again, I'd be in the top 10 in my class without my extraneous circumstances.

SATs were 790 Math, 760 in Crit Reading and 760 in writing

Subject tests were 790 in Math, 560 in US History

3 sport athlete, church volunteer, worked on campaigns, town volunteer, member of board of ed.

Not sure about my weighted GPA.

As for @(you need an account to see links)

Harvard gives a shit about grades because if you can't succeed in high school, which is over glorified babysitting, how will you do in one of the toughest colleges in America? It's not like you just show up and get a piece of paper. You have to work for it. However, GPA is rapidly becoming less important to colleges as class difficulty cannot be standardized. Our AP courses can be as easy as your Honors, or vice versa, but who can really know? SATs, ACTs, and extracurricular are more important. Don't just rest on your laurels though, actually do shit. I do swim and debate means nothing to people who see an app like tht every day.

And as for disadvantage, I can assure you it was nothing to facing clinical depression from being a new kid at a new school and being harrassed, losing your girlfriend to your best friend in front of your eyes, and then having to still attempt to learn, even on heavy meds (even now) to keep you from losing it. Even what I went through isn't a "disadvantage". Besides, with daddy being "#3", you aren't getting shit for sympathy. Try telling that to the black kid from south bronx who taught himself linear algebra or some shit like that. (I am white for those wondering)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    36d 19h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Ok, I'll google that later, but what is AP?

Sorry, I'm not A-merry-can =[
    AP = Advanced Placement

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    10d 19h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaikovsky View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I don't think it's that easy.

And you seem well off, that's on your side at least. Why haven't you been in your classes, voluntary skipping, or academic related? The story behind the reasoning she has means a lot.
    I didn't mean if you had money you can get in, I was just assuming if you were applying, you had the proper academics...and if you are paying full tuition that puts you ahead of everyone who applied for grants etc.
    Ana's slave <3

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Colleges like Harvard care next to nothing about admission because, if you look at the statistics, most kids have their tuition paid off because of the enormous alumni contributions they receive.

The reason they get so much? Because the people they accept are intelligent generally, and do well in the real world, so they have the opportunity to give back.

It is more important to them that they have smart people there to maintain their credibility than dumbasses who flunk in a week.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Had stomach flu(very contagious strand) for 5 days of the 9. The rest was from minor colds and one day was from going to the ER for a appendix test. turned out it was fine
    If it was a medical condition, and you are in good standing with the requirements, protest to a higher official or politely ask the teacher as to what you can do to better your standing and influence whether or not you move up or not.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaikovsky View Post
    If it was a medical condition, and you are in good standing with the requirements, protest to a higher official or politely ask the teacher as to what you can do to better your standing and influence whether or not you move up or not.
    When in doubt, ask a superior xD

Now we are talking! Someone knows how to move shit around in HS

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 19h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    if i wus blak den i culdv ben liek "gr8 pik on me cuz im blak" den say "dam racist"
    All Blacks don't talk like that, and I get annoyed when they type/text/speak in that context. (Black-Asian currently speaking)

As for the AP course problem, have you tried walking up to her and directly asking if you can join her course?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    36d 19h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisuke View Post
    All Blacks don't talk like that, and I get annoyed when they type/text/speak in that context. (Black-Asian currently speaking)

As for the AP course problem, have you tried walking up to her and directly asking if you can join her course?
    I was kidding. Sorry if you were annoyed by it?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 19h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I was kidding. Sorry if you were annoyed by it?
    Lol I know you were probably kidding. It's w/e.