2/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    7d 1h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Food tips

Just some tips for weight loss/healthier ways I thought I'd share. I'm no expert, but it's something I care much about.

Here are the things I mainly eat:

Simple recipes
    * Tuna on a can (not in oil, but water) with some vegetables (cucumber, tomatoes, peas) or with cottage cheese. Tuna is high on protein.
    * Cottage cheese on toasted ryebread or just plain in a bowl with salt and pepper and different kinds of vegetables. I usually eat it with chopped tomatoes and salt.
    * Broccoli/cauliflower/leeks boiled/steamed just as a snack or even a meal with for example chicken filets or tuna in water
    * I made this up myself: Cabbage soup: cabbage is SO cheap and is only 34 calories pr. 100g. Boil some cabbage (I usually boil lots (like a whole half) cabbage until it's pretty well boiled When it's done, put it in the blender with as little water as possible (this will make it incredibly creamy if you put less water in) and add lots of garlic and salt. I also ad a teeny bit of bouillon with chicken to make it taste more. This is so low in calories and too cheap (here it's like 1$ for 1.5kg or so) and it fills you up greatly (: get cooking!
    * Low in calorie recipe: Buy one of those frozen wok-mixes (you can get them everywhere here) and maybe add some haricots to the mixture. If you want, fry some chicken to the dish. Anyway, put the wok mix in a little pot with some water (not much, just a little bit). I always add sambal olek (a very strong chili) and maybe some tomato pur� to make it more soup-like. It fills me up greatly and you can eat almost as much as you like! I never really put chicken in it, but you can also make it with sweet chili sauce if you don't like really spicy stuff. Maybe add boulling and some flour to make it a bit thicker. My dish usually only contains like 88 kcls pr. 100g which is not bad at all! You can also add avocado to it, makes it taste wonderful!
    Here's a pic of my latest result w/ red onions, avocado and fresh garlic added:

* Breakfast recipe: I usually eat something called skyr in Danish, but I couldn't find it in English. It's basically yoghurt with 0,2% fat, 11g protein and just about 60kcls pr. 100g. If you know something similar in America/England or know what it's called, please let me know. But for breakfast I like taking some skyr, cutting some mango and take some frozen bananas to put in it. It keeps you full for a long time and it's good because of the proteins and fruits =P You may add nuts, almonds, raisins (though keep in mind that raisins are very high in calories, and I really wouldn't recommend eat many of them) or other fruits like apple, orange, blueberries to it.

Dips
    * Pea soup/pur�e: buy frozen peas. heat them in a pot and put them in a blender. add garlic and salt (amount is preference, but I usually do it with about 500g pea and 3 cloves and salt. That makes a lot though, but I keep it in the fridge). You can also use it as dip, but I like to eat it hot and add chili.
    * Humus: use this as a dip for vegetables or use it on top of ryebread. Look up a recipe, because I make it just from memory, but it's chick peas, olive oil (I leave the oil out though, tastes just as good. I add water/soy milk/milk to it instead and it tastes the same), tahin, garlic and salt. Blend the ingredients. Tastes amazing, but you can't eat much of it at the time. So for dip/on top of bread it's great.
    * Cut out carrots or cucumber dipped in soy sauce. I am a sucker for salt, so soy sauce keeps my use down
    * Basically just replace any dressings with soy sauce. Tastes so great on salads and is much lower in calories
    * If you wanna make dip with those "dip-mixes" for example vegetables (cucumber, carrot, red pepper etc) mix it with low fat YOGHURT instead of creme fraiche. Trust me, tastes just the same, much lower calories!

Snacks/desserts
    * Celeriac as a snack or in soups. Kinda the thing I can think of with the lowest calories and makes you feel full
    * Another advice is to track how many calories you need and then start counting them. Shapeupclub.com is what I use and it really helps you see how many calories you're eating
    * If you crave ice cream often, here's what I do: put juice or cocoa boxes or small cups of yoghurt in the freezer. Take one out and eat with a spoon whenever you want ice cream - much lower on calories and tastes better in my opinion
    * Grape fruit. Low on calories and is said to be a good fat-burner. Eat at least one every day
    * Cut out fruits like banana and put in the freezer and eat as "candy". Additionally, you can dip them in some very dark chocolate before you freeze them.
    * Frozen low-fat yoghurt is better than icecream <3
    Grapefruit and fromage frais + salt is AWESOME. Fromage frais can be used for many other things and is only 50 calories pr. 100g and has a lot of proteins!

Drinks
    * Freshly squeezed lemon juice in ice cold water
    * Replace all you sodas with diet. I know some people say it's not good for you, but I NEVER touch anything liquid that isn't light. Empty calories imo. Or better yet, replace with ice cold water
    * When you crave ice coffee: I always freeze a skimmed milk. Whenever I want ice coffee, I take the skimmed milk out of the freezer and leave it for about 10 minutes. Then you can cut out bits of the frozen milk and put it in the blender. Then add non-frozen skimmed milk, instant coffee and sweeteners - blend and voil�. Tastes creamy and sweet and I drink it every day! Also makes me feel a bit full. You can also do this with ice cubes (I'm just too lazy to make them) and skimmed milk, sweetener and instant coffee
    * Drink lots. Try to keep a bottle with you at all times. And drink at every meal. Helps you not over eat
    * Change your milk to skimmed milk. It's the little things that really matter. If you go out for a latte or something, ask them to put skimmed milk in instead

General tips

* Take out ALL butter of your diet. If you want it on bread, try to replace it with ketchup, tomato pur�, pesto or something like that. Or use plant "butter" which is like 70% less fat.
    * Never add sugar to your diet. Make sure you replace all sugar with sweetener.
    * Add chili and garlic to most things you eat. Helps your metabolism and is generally good for you.

I might add stuff later, but this is mainly what I eat after. I RARELY touch meat other than tuna every two weeks or so, lol. So if you want that, just make sure it's lean. I'd recommend chicken filets, turkey or something like that. If you, like me, don't like meat that much, just make sure you get enough proteins. I take vitamin pills every day because I'm no good at getting enough food in me every day.

Feel free to share any great recipes/tips!
    Last edited by Freja; 03-03-2013 at 02:10 PM.

That awkward when you already said "moment" in your head before you read it

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Freja For This Useful Post:

Cody. (02-19-2013),grrrawr (03-16-2013),j03 (01-15-2013),John (02-19-2013),Maki (01-15-2013),Snow (01-15-2013),Toasted (01-18-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    35d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Thanks for the tips! I'm definitely going to try this stuff out. I'm a vegetarian so it's always cool to see some ideas on how to stay healthy and all.
    Personally, I like to drink water with fresh lemon juice in it. I like it better than water and it's just as healthy, great on hot days, I like to have a bottle with me everywhere I go.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Snow For This Useful Post:

Freja (01-15-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    7d 1h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Oh yeah!! I actually also buy lemons frequently and add it to water, it's a great tip I tend to freeze water bottles, then take them out and add freshly squeezed lemon juice and then take them with me as they thaw: really cold lemon juice <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/1
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    1d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Are the first five meals in themselves?

Love the coffee tip, will try it out soon ^^

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 13h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    To go off of the dressing idea you said, my absolute favorite dressing is

A little bit of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, a little pepper and a dash of seasame oil.

Its absolutely divine and very low on calories.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Linja For This Useful Post:

Freja (01-15-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    7d 1h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by watersniper View Post
    Are the first five meals in themselves?

Love the coffee tip, will try it out soon ^^
    First three is, two next are more snacks I'd say

tell me how it went

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    7d 1h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I just took some pics of the ice coffee:
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)

Only calories in this is from the skimmed milk and it tastes heavenly!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    7d 1h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Updated with lots more tips

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    7d 1h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    And why is that Stepghanistan?

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

I updated this thread btw

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    13d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    all that red liquid makes it look like the vegetables are killing each other