12/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 14h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Do you guys believe in God?

Just wondering if you guys believe in god or something similar. I attended a catholic primary school and high school and hated religion classes, thought it was just stupid. But I respect others religions and beliefs. I'm personally more of a humanist than a believer of divine powers and such.
    Please tell me about your religion, your beliefs etc.
    Just want to know out of curiosity

Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 11h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I believe in Allah , Im Moslim

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    No I am atheist but I have issues with it. Do not get me wrong facing a eternal void of nothingness when dead is a scary thought. But you cannot believe in something out of fear of the alternative. I also found it hard to read the bible as anything other than a set of morality story's the people tend to pick and choose from... I can't help but think the world would be a much better place without relegion and the segrogation it brings... If we all banded together we could accomplish alot but it will never happen.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DarkByte For This Useful Post:

|2eap (06-25-2013),Death (01-13-2013),Dom~ (01-13-2013),Forever (06-25-2013),Frank12 (01-13-2013),victoriamle (01-13-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I'm inclined to agree with Rare. The idea that we try to rationalize something that we can't even begin to understand is pointless. No one knows what it is like to be dead, and therefore it is not anything we can have a past experience to draw upon. Personally, I refuse to blindly follow the ideals of anyone who claims to "know" what is beyond life, because that in and of itself is irrational. However, faith has done amazing things, and does give people who are left with nothing else something to cling to, so I guess it isn't all bad. Merely a matter of thinking for yourself.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    10d 19h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    SO it sounds like you guys are in the same boat as I am........I think faith and religion are fine. Organized religion? No thank you. Too many fallacies and it's a book that is constantly paraphrased. Organized religion is generally for altruistic people who have their hearts in the right place but have been brainwashed.
    Ana's slave <3

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zmurd For This Useful Post:

Dom~ (01-13-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    164 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I am atheist as well. My view of religion is it was primitive man's way of explaining that which he was incapable of explaining through what he knew at the time. Things such as comas were looked upon as deaths, people coming out of a coma being coming back from the dead, etc. 2,000+ years ago, they didn't know what a coma was. (This is just an example) Modern man's only legit excuse for keeping with religion is tradition or weakness of mind. Like Rare said, the thought of an eternal void of nothingness worries people. It's more comforting for people to accept that there is an afterlife, or we will be reborn, etc. I believe if we accepted the fact that this life is all we get, and we truly worked together to make this life better, the human race could accomplish so much more. I can't logically believe in some magic man in the sky who is supposedly omnipotent (created everything + is everywhere at once + can do anything, etc), yet allows atrocities such as the human race inflicts upon itself and the rest of the world, and threatens eternal torture for not blindly embracing him and all his rules. However, if somehow any one religion were able to beyond a shadow of a doubt be able to produce unquestionable evidence, I'd be forced to accept it. Same as we can produce unquestionable evidence for the existence of gravity. I have no problem accepting gravity as truth. I also can't grasp the fact that some people "need" religion to be good people (morally). Why can you not be good without the threat of eternal punishment?

All that being said, I never push my views on others out of respect. I just wish others would have the same level of respect.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    10d 19h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

an INCREDIBLY smart man who has the ability to explain his research to the common man, love em.
    Ana's slave <3

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zmurd For This Useful Post:

Death (01-13-2013),Dom~ (01-13-2013)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    48d 21h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    nope

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    64d 22h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I don't believe in God, I think if He actually existed we'd all know. As TheAmazingAtheist said, "I've never seen any evidence for God and neither has anyone else. If anyone had any good evidence for God then no one would bother reading the f*cking bible." And honestly, if the bible is the best "evidence" for God then that's just lol. Oh and for those people saying "But I just KNOW that God exists, I can FEEL it!" well sorry but I don't buy that crap. Actually, I could use that logic against you. I just KNOW that God DOESN'T exist, I can FEEL it!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Im Atheist