16/1
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    1d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    What's clean eating?
    The fast five diet is really good too. Eat whatever you want in a 5 hour window and just drink water for the rest of the time. To get the nutrients you need, your body will start craving for healthy food.

Good luck on your quest!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Clean eating is basically eating unprocessed foods or as unprocessed as possible. No added sugar, unless naturally found in the food you're eating such as fruit. Organic if you can afford it (a lot of organics are pretty expensive where I'm at). 100% whole grains, brown rice, lean meats (chicken, turkey, etc.) WATER. (you need an account to see links) is AWESOME.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Aishette For This Useful Post:

jaedyn32 (01-12-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    4d 7h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    30 Day Shred
    Blogilates (youtube channel--I highly recommend you check it out)
    Running up and down the stairs is great but doing stairs/sprints is more likely to build muscle than to slim your legs and burn fat like long distance would.

Other tips you may or may not know/already abide by:
    8+ glasses of water per day helps to avoid water retention/bloating
    Cutting down on your sodium helps reduce water retention/bloating as well
    ALWAYS take the stairs instead of the elevator if you can, wherever you may be going
    Green Tea boosts your metabolism and aids in weight loss ((you need an account to see links)), is zero cals and tastes good too!
    Drinking ice cold water actually burns a little bit of calories because your body needs to expend energy in order to heat it up and digest it, while drinking hot water (or tea, broth, etc.) makes you feel full

+more

Overall though, you can't out-exercise a bad diet so clean eating is your best bet. You want to make sure you're eating enough though, so calculate your BMR and TDEE.

If you want more tips/resources/workouts my collection is virtually endless. Just let me know.
    Last edited by Hale; 01-13-2013 at 03:52 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hale For This Useful Post:

Aishette (01-23-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Hale View Post
    30 Day Shred
    Blogilates (youtube channel--I highly recommend you check it out)
    Running up and down the stairs is great but doing stairs/sprints is more likely to build muscle than to slim your legs and burn fat like long distance would.

Other tips you may or may not know/already abide by:
    8+ glasses of water per day helps to avoid water retention/bloating
    Cutting down on your sodium helps reduce water retention/bloating as well
    ALWAYS take the stairs instead of the elevator if you can, wherever you may be going
    Green Tea boosts your metabolism and aids in weight loss ((you need an account to see links)), is zero cals and tastes good too!
    Drinking ice cold water actually burns a little bit of calories because your body needs to expend energy in order to heat it up and digest it, while drinking hot water (or tea, broth, etc.) makes you feel full

+more

Overall though, you can't out-exercise a bad diet so clean eating is your best bet. You want to make sure you're eating enough though, so calculate your BMR and TDEE.

If you want more tips/resources/workouts my collection is virtually endless. Just let me know.
    Thanks!! I knew some of your tips, but not all so thanks for that. Very informative I'll definitely check out the youtube channel. I'm feeling a bit discouraged at the moment. I'm eating really good, working out (giving P90X a try) but, in the past 2-2 1/2 weeks I've barely lost 2lbs. Am I doing something wrong? I drink a ton of water, well, nothing but water and the a glass of green tea 4 times a week (I don't like tea). I'm still eating pretty clean, turkey breast (real, not processed), veggies, whole wheat, organics.

I'm not doing the Classic program, I'm doing the Lean program so it's more of the Cardio. I think I may add in some Insantiy video workouts.

Any tips/suggestions would be awesome

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    4d 7h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

I must love torturing myself

Did you know why I meant by BMR and TDEE? Figure those out man, it'll hep you a lot. If you don't want to/know how, if you feel comfortable enough to PM me your stats (height/weight/age) and I will figure it out for you. Measuring all your food will help a lot too. You're eating all the right things, you just may be eating too much of them. Get an account on myfitnesspal to help you with this, it's soooo easy!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Hale View Post
    Did you know why I meant by BMR and TDEE? Figure those out man, it'll hep you a lot. If you don't want to/know how, if you feel comfortable enough to PM me your stats (height/weight/age) and I will figure it out for you. Measuring all your food will help a lot too. You're eating all the right things, you just may be eating too much of them. Get an account on myfitnesspal to help you with this, it's soooo easy!
    I know what both are but haven't calculated them. I actually have that app I haven't used it in a LONG time though. You're right though, I may be eating to much of it although I don't feel like I am. I have a kitchen scale that I need to bring out again. Gonna PM you now

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    4d 7h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I replied to the PM, hope I helped!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thanks! You totally did

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    85/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    10d 7h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Some (most?) people aren't cut out for p90x though. It's pretty demanding on your time and effort. What about those people, or what about a way to start out to get in decent shape before giving p90x a try?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    4d 7h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

I must love torturing myself

Try the 30 Day Shred. It's only 25 mins everyday. Or start off just going on 30 min walks and see where you can go from there.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hale For This Useful Post:

Aishette (01-24-2013)