3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Red face I must love torturing myself

Gah! So, we've started our "Biggest Loser" contest at work again. The last round was from August to October, this time it's from this past Monday to the end of March (possibly April). I've taken up "clean" eating (it's a lot easier than I thought it would be). Haven't started working out yet but will start this coming Sunday.

Anyone have any good workout routines to do at home? I don't have weights but I do have resistance bands and I live on the 2nd floor so I plan on using those stairs for some kind of workout for my lower body.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    10d 19h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    If you are looking to cut weight in a healthier way, p90x and the like are good routes to go. They are mainly all cardio workouts so the resistance bands will be all you need.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zmurd For This Useful Post:

Aishette (01-11-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I was thinking of that or Insanity. I know both are hard. I'm willing to put in the work its just staying motivated...If I get the guts, I'll post before and after pics come April

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    10d 19h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Insanity is a step up from p90x, granted not by much. I just know p90x is a lot easier on the body, which is the biggest part. You want to be eating somewhat healthy and increase your protein intake (not like a body builder, but you will start needing more proteins and the like so your muscles can repair / do not rip)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think I'll give p90X a try. I have done a round of Insanity. I didn't (couldn't) give 100%, it was REALLY hard and most of the time I felt like puking afterwards. It was so intense. I did win the last round of Biggest Loser at work, so I'm hoping I'll win this round too

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    10d 19h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Good luck. Are there prizes? I could also give you a few tips I picked up on how to cut weight fast thanks to wrestling.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by zmurd View Post
    Good luck. Are there prizes? I could also give you a few tips I picked up on how to cut weight fast thanks to wrestling.
    Yes $$! Haha I'm open to any tips to cut weight fast (and safely). I'd like to lose about 15-20lbs total. Last round I lost 18lbs In between the first contest ending and starting this one I've gained 4 of those lbs back...It's time for me to get back on track and stay on track. It's definitely a lifestyle change, not a for-the-moment change.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    The only advice I can offer is that with whatever you choose to do for exercise, stick to it. Consistency > Difficulty when it comes to losing weight.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank12 For This Useful Post:

Aishette (01-12-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    10d 19h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aishette View Post
    Yes $$! Haha I'm open to any tips to cut weight fast (and safely). I'd like to lose about 15-20lbs total. Last round I lost 18lbs In between the first contest ending and starting this one I've gained 4 of those lbs back...It's time for me to get back on track and stay on track. It's definitely a lifestyle change, not a for-the-moment change.
    It's going to be harder to lose that amount of weight since you are 14 pounds thinner. (If it goes by a flat loss #) p90x is a good way to get into the habit of working out on a regular basis and if you buy the kit it gives you a good guide to eating healthier than most. it really is a great feeling to see results.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank12 View Post
    The only advice I can offer is that with whatever you choose to do for exercise, stick to it. Consistency > Difficulty when it comes to losing weight.

This.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zmurd For This Useful Post:

Aishette (01-12-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Definitely being consistent! That is my biggest problem. However, once I get into the groove, I'm good. I'm just going to give whatever I try 100%. Losing is winning