Hey all, just wanna add my 2 cents worth to contribute to this forum.
I've been on this forum for considerably long, 8 months and counting. I've seen people come and go, some willingly, others not so willingly, getting banned. Of course, scammers and people who CB should be booted out ASAP so as to reduce the harm caused to the community, but what about other lighter wrongdoings? They should be given a chance to repent.
As such I suggest a 12-point demerit points system, 0 being completely clean and 12 being booted. 4 and 8 could be 1 week temp ban and 1 month temp ban respectively. The demerit point system will be cumulative.
Possible demerit point allocation:
- Scamming ON clraik/Chargebacks: 12 points
- Ratting out others' neopets accounts: 12 points
- Allowing a Previously Banned Member to access his/her account: 4-8 points
- Swearing at a person, insulting a person (not in a fun way): 4 points (If remorseful, 12 if unrepentant)
- Misleading advertising of neo goods (Saying a pet robbed from active account sat for 3 days is secured): 4 points (If willing to make ammendments/refunds, 12 if not)
- Creating more than 3 sales threads: 1 point
Of course, I'll leave it to mods to decide how to attribute the demerit points, and what penalties deserve how many.
I've been lurking around and saw that some people, in the heat of the argument, insulted others and said stuff that they didn't mean to say, and deeply regretted their wrongdoings the next day, but they're banned already. Of course, what's posted is posted already, what pain has caused has caused. But surely they don't deserve the same treatment as Maxcogo?
To err is human, to forgive is divine. Hopefully a demerit point system can give people a second chance for lighter offences.
That's what the infraction system is for
I thought making it public is good, like right now no one knows what gets you an infraction and what gets a perm ban...
I like this idea
Would it ever reset back to 0? monthly? or would it stay at whatever number you have accumulated forever?