Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever had an experience you cannot explain?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

Have you ever had an experience you cannot explain?

I had a dream the other day of a situation that happened to me about 4 years ago. My Grandpa passed away in 2011 and soon after that I had this experience in the middle of the night of waking up and seeing this man/figure outside my bedroom door. Thing is I was not scared, not concerned, not panicked and in this experience I said "Hi Grandpa". So some part of me felt it I was seeing him and hence not worried. I know it was not a dream because I got up after to go to the bathroom and get a drink. One I was back in bed I remember smelling him. I know that sounds odd but at my Grandparent's house there was this distinct smell. When I stayed over the night there at times I noticed the pillows had that strong distinct smell. Not a bad one, not a foul one, just a smell that I instantly recognize as my Grandpa. My pillow had that smell. Then just the other day I had a dream of that experience. Maybe that day in 2011 I was just imaging something I do not know but I cannot explain what happened. Every once and awhile my pillow now has that smell, briefly but I can smell it. It makes me feel completely at peace and calm when I do, can't help but smile when I smell it. So maybe he is there sometimes? I do not know.

Another experience I had was maybe 10-15 years ago I was over at a friend's for a sleep over. We went to bed around 11 and about 2:30-3 in the morning we were woken up to the stereo blasting. And I mean blasting full sound in the main floor living room. It was a 4-level split house so if you know that layout we were in the family den down the stairs off the kitchen and this stereo was in front living room main floor of the house. So not too far from us. Only us two and her mom were home that night. We got up in a panic hearing this stereo blasting just up the few stairs, her mom came running down the stairs confused. No one else was in the house but for some reason the stereo just turned on. Once it was turned off my friend mentioned that this has happened before but not in a long time. I said what do you mean. She went on to explain that odd things happen in her house. Stereo turning on for no reason in the middle of the night, pictures laid down flat on whatever surface they were on when they came home, sounds of people talking and whispering in the middle of the night. Another time I was there for a birthday party the gas fireplace turned on by itself in the middle of the night. No timer involved with these older houses but the gas insert just turned on. Freaked all of us out. Summer time and the fireplace turns on. You know that low bump bump sound gas fireplaces make when they first start. It was odd. I never stayed at her house again after the stereo and fireplace incidents lol.

So do you have a situation or experience that happened that you cannot explain?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Pusheen (10-12-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 1h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Mine only happen when I'm drinking

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

Sci_Girl (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I don't really believe in spirits or ghost until it happens to me but I would say if it was his spirit least you know he is watching over you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Naked Gamer For This Useful Post:

Sci_Girl (10-12-2015)

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    There are some few experiences I've had of my own, or that my family has had.

When my father was still a teenager, he once had a dream where one of his grandfathers, who he hadn't heard from in some years, and lived in another country on the countryside, was desperately holding onto my father's body, while being dragged from below into the dark abyss, and he begged my father to help him. When my father woke up, he went to ask his mother about his grandfather, and his mother did some calls, and found out that her father had slipped into a coma earlier that day, from a medical error on the hospital he had gone to do a surgery, from what he never really recovered from, and he died some months later.

My father also tells that about a week after my mother's grandmother died, he had a dream where she was trying to call out for him from the front of our house, to try to warn him about bad things that would happen to him and our family, and said and done, six months later, right after we moved to a new country, things went south for us pretty quick.

Also..... So, back on the other country we lived in, on the same house as this dream my father had, me and my sister had a series of creepy unexplained things. From an overwhelming feeling of being watched on the backyard, to me seeing a creepy old hag on the bathroom mirror behind me, and my sister seeing the same lady on the backyard from the window, as well as a strange shadow-like creature with red eyes sitting on the 7 feet tall wall that separated our yard from our neighbor's, like, every single night, and worse, when we moved countries, we thought it'd be over, right? Nope. Apparently, whatever shadow-like creature followed us, and then, it was not just my sister who saw the "Shadow Man" then, now haunting the surrounding woods, it was every single neighborhood kid on the place, and even my parents, and other adults, noted the strange figure. I don't know what happened to it, because after some years, it just disappeared, but I hope it went away, to never come back. Thankfully I've never seen it, but the overwhelming feeling of being watched lingered for a long while from those woods.

Also, On the last house we've lived in, we've had certain strange occurrences, like flickering lights and lights burning with a month or less of use around the house, my baby sister being afraid of an unseen shadow on top of our bedroom door, objects flying off shelves in certain occasions, and an apparently really creepy corner that coincided in every floor of the house with the creepiest corner of the basement, where no one could even approach it.

And now, in this house, nothing much has happened so far, besides some strange noises we've noted at some times of the day, and the creepily creaking board that runs behind my chair, which we hope it's just a board shared with the neighbor's house, because it'll creak without anyone even walking around.

It's like, we can't ever have peace. Spiritual peace, at least.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Music Man For This Useful Post:

Sci_Girl (10-12-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    7d 12h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I have two that I find weird, one happened when I was in 1st grade so I am unsure what my age was exactly so whatever age you are in 1st grade for lol, my bed was positioned to a way that it could see down the hallway and into the living room. I woke up in the middle of the night one time and looked down the hallway and I saw two guys talking to each other that I have never seen before. I had that thing in my room that your parents can hear what you are saying or something like that and I kept trying to call for my mother but never heard me. The next morning I told her what I had saw and she said that all the doors and windows were locked and no one could have gotten inside since nothing looked broken into and that nothing was missing.

Another situation was About 3 years after this living in a different location I had a dream about the neighbors shed, which was by our fence at the house in which it took place, but the shed in the dream was down a long creepy path. All I did was look at it since I got a very bad vibe from it. The next morning when I woke up I told my mother the dream I had and she said that someone had killed themselves in the shed right next door about 10-20 years before we moved in. (House was previously owned by my grandparents and the house that my mother grew up in).

I think that is the jist of creepy shit that I have experience, except had some night terrors which are pretty terrifying when you are really young lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBaphomet For This Useful Post:

Sci_Girl (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    I LOVE THESE THREADS LOL JUST WISH I WASNT SUCH A PANSY AND COULD READ THEM WITHOUT GETTIN WEIRDED OUT

I've had a good few, and a few of them were shared by my sister. The ones we noticed together were the worst because what the hell lmfao.

Anyway, the earliest I can remember was in my first house. It was a flat, like... 20 floors and we were at the very top (no elevators either ugh) and in me and my sisters room we had this wardrobe. It was massive and had two massive doors and was like 4x4m the way around. Kept all our toys and clothes. One night I was having trouble sleeping and id say I was about 5, but I was just staring ahead at this set of doors. It had a window above the doors, which was a semi circle, and after about 10 minutes of staring at it I saw a head pop up there. You'd have to be pretty fucking tall to get your head up there too. It only appeared for a second before it went back down, then I heard muttering behind the door then as if someone was hitting the door repeatedly. Nobody else in the house reacted, I barely reacted either? I just remember staring blankly at this hammering door then suddenly I just. Screamed. Repeatedly. At the top of my lungs but it was weird because my body didn't feel panicked at all? I was just like, moving as I would if I was calm, but my mouth was just opening to fukin scream as loud as I could like every second? Needless to say my parents freaked the fuck out because their child was awake at 4am just looking calm as shit while screaming loudly. I can't remember when the hammering in the closet stopped but I remember asking for tea because I was so confused. I ended up not going to school that day and my parents wouldn't let me out their sight. Still fucks me up but I envy my younger self for being able to just give in to the impulse to just fuckin scream because I felt it was right.

Another one in my old house... I was laying in bed and I have auditory hallucinations, but I can usually tell when there's something Not Right about them. They take the form of muttering and whispering about things I can't really hear or understand, they're voices of people I've met in my life, and they hardly ever address me directly. I can usually tell it's not them or it is them based on really minor things, and at this point it was only auditory that had manifested. Anyway, I was trying to get to sleep, and I felt my bed depress as if someone had just sat down on it, and I looked down at the place it moved but saw nothing, then I suddenly felt someone grab my shoulder and shake me violently. Like, REALLY violently I almost got goddamn whiplash. I reached behind me to turn the light on and this mans face just leaned out of the darkness and looked deep into my eyes, and I turned on the light there and yeah he wasn't there. Needless to say I didn't sleep that night lol.

Anyway, as I said about the auditory hallucinations, I can usually tell when something is off about them. I was in another house (I've moved a lot in my life haha) and I kept noticing the voices addressing me directly, which like I said they don't normally do. So immediately I'm a bit freaked out. I was on my laptop on my bed in my room and I kept hearing the voice of my primary 5 teacher and my old art teacher say "don't look, don't look out there, it's dangerous, he WILL know, they don't want you to know" and I was like what the fuck are you crones on about, but elected to ignore it because brains are assholes. Then they started getting a bit louder and more urgent, saying HES HERE AND HE ISNT HAPPY, THE HOUSE ISNT SAFE HE DOESNT WANT YOU HERE and I started panicking a bit because I was home alone man and my biggest fear is home invasions lol, then suddenly my art teacher was yelling HE DOESNT WANT YOU TO SEE! LOOK AT HIM! And feeling paranoid now I looked out my bedroom window which overlooks the driveway, and this man was standing at the end of my driveway and he looked up at me as I looked down at him and we stared for like 10 seconds before he kind of scowled at me and started walking up the street away from my house entirely. He had his hand on the front gate as if he was going to hop over it when I looked down too. About 5 minutes later my sister got home with her friend and out of curiosity I was like "did you... Pass anyone on the way down to the house?" And they were like "uh yeah some guy passed us it was quite eerie haha he was just kind of ambling around" and again I elected to stay up that night LMFAO I got so fucked up over that.

And finally... In this house I'm in last year I was asleep and I was having a dream about whatever, but in the dream k kept hearing this voice say THERES NO WATER! I NEED WATER PLEASE GET ME WATER PLEASE!!! And I was like the fuck, but for some reason I woke up really suddenly and my dog was standing over me whining and panting and I thought he just wanted out but when I went to the kitchen his water dish was bone fuckin dry and he drank like 80% of it when I refilled it in one sitting. I still don't get that. I think my dog is telepathic.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

hissi (10-10-2015),Maki (10-10-2015),Sci_Girl (10-10-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    104 times
    Time Online
    63d 15h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    i s2g i can breathe underwater, i used to do it all the time at my summer camp from like age 9 to 11 and i thought i was like magic or something. i'm too scared to try it nowadays though cuz i don't wanna die and i'm slowly beginning to doubt it even happened even though my memories of it are so vivid

i never talk about it to anyone though because theyd probably think ive lost my mind lol

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hissi For This Useful Post:

Banannie (10-11-2015),Jessica (10-11-2015),Sci_Girl (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    One of the most annoying things is socks going missing when doing laundry! Where do they end up? Idk I'll probably ponder on this one for ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Naked Gamer For This Useful Post:

Sci_Girl (10-12-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Peridot View Post
    I LOVE THESE THREADS LOL JUST WISH I WASNT SUCH A PANSY AND COULD READ THEM WITHOUT GETTIN WEIRDED OUT

I've had a good few, and a few of them were shared by my sister. The ones we noticed together were the worst because what the hell lmfao.
    I like these topics too. Makes me end up thinking more and more if I have had other weird experiences that I just do not remember at the time.

But dude for not wanting to read other stories for worry of being weirded out you sure have some creepy stories! Lol

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (10-13-2015),Mindfang (10-10-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    461 times
    Time Online
    69d 14h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    It's not much of an unexplicable experience, but when I was a bit younger (16 or so), I once woke up for work very early and I did my whole shift convinced that my parents were dead/gone/never existed. I don't really know how, but I just lived my day without thinking about my parents. When I got home and I saw them I had the worst fucking feeling of my life I just... idk. It was so weird.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Maths For This Useful Post:

Sci_Girl (10-12-2015)