Hes been my best friend since Pre-k(we're in 8th grade now), but now hes starting to act like a jerk. He gets lots of cool stuff because he is an only child, while I dont get as much cool stuff(3 siblings) but still get cool stuff. When I get cooler things than him(like iPhone 4 back in 2011, or Beats Studios back in Summer 12) he feels like he has to match me, or get better things and then rub them in my face. Just today he was like: I just got the iPhone 5 and then he kept pulling it out at random times and not even looking at it. Also, when I got my studios(beats) he returned his solo HDs and bought Studios also and tried to copy my color, but luckily I stopped him. Its annoying when he tries to be beat me at lots of things.
He also wears elites(the basketball socks) on casual expenditures like going to a friends house because he tries to act cool(Swag/hipster and whatnot), when he doesnt even play basketball and when he does he always misses the basket. He doesnt even play sports(If he tried to run a 100 meter dash he probably would be breathing really hard at the end, not because he was going really fast) Also, just today I let him beat me at pool and then he started telling everyone he saw(like 2 people): "I beat Daniel at pool. He was so easy to beat." Which really aggravated me because he cant really beat me at anything except some computer games he practices on.
And to make matters worse, he told me Neopets is for losers and Black Ops 2 is where its at. I told him they were both video games and he was like "Only middle-aged men play Neopets" and continued on to say "Neopets is crap". He refused to listen to logic(Logic=Black Ops 2 is also played by some middle-aged men), and really got on my nerves until I didnt talk to him and just let him play with my brother.
Should I still be friends with him?