Thread: Once you've stopped, should you start again?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m

Once you've stopped, should you start again?

Up until about 4 months ago I was heavily involved in Neopets and buying/selling stuff on here.

I lost a substantial amount and got bored of it and decided to take a break and do some other things for a while....but now I find myself wanting to start again!

I don't know what it is but since the first time I started playing Neo over a decade ago I've never really been able to bury the habbit for good. I've taken breaks of up to a few years but it always draws me back.

So, should I start again or stay out whilst I'm out? Have things changed much on Neo since 4-5 months ago and is it still worth it?

Cheers peeps!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Depends on what you like to do. I'm the same way, I played for a few months, took a break for a few years, all the way back to 2001.

I've been playing more this week since I've had time, but I haven't noticed very many changes.

I want them to finish the BD, it's been half finished for a few months. It gives rewards now but there are no abilities yet. Totally different system.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to munsterpoo For This Useful Post:

Nath (01-03-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    17d 18h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Major bd revamp , they changed the interface , like munster said , no faerie abilities but we are expecting an update from tnt now that they have returned back to work after the festive season.
    Eh , Neo is too addicting , saty out while you have the chance otherwise its just too time consuming! :K

5. The Following User Says Thank You to M.V.P For This Useful Post:

Nath (01-03-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Thanks guys.

What about the cheating scene, has much changed here?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Nothing new concerning the market, really. Pure np's have a potential to lose value due to rare's new program, but honestly, there've always been ways to mass-generate np's across shells so it's nothing earth-shattering to the scene. Methods of getting accounts are still the same as well

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tchaikovsky For This Useful Post:

Nath (01-03-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Looks like everything is pretty similar from what I can see apart from the earlier mentioned BD changes. Whether this will be finished or if it will be any good remains to be seen but at least they finally decided to work on it.

However that was my main draw to Neo other than cheating and if it's messed up right now, that kinda sucks

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    If you were making money before selling stuff, why not.

If you lost everything and the $$$ you made wasn't substantial, I wouldn't bother. Neopets sucks you in, once you go at it, you won't stop and want more, more! Until you get iced and lose it all again, taking months (or years) away from your life, .

I wouldn't have bothered coming back after my 1st legit main was frozen, but had a side that was set-up for a restart. Probably shouldn't have, now my side (current main) has too much time invested in it for me to quit again.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    If you were making money before selling stuff, why not.

If you lost everything and the $$$ you made wasn't substantial, I wouldn't bother. Neopets sucks you in, once you go at it, you won't stop and want more, more! Until you get iced and lose it all again, taking months (or years) away from your life, .

I wouldn't have bothered coming back after my 1st legit main was frozen, but had a side that was set-up for a restart. Probably shouldn't have, now my side (current main) has too much time invested in it for me to quit again.
    It was enough to be worth it, but I don't really need it..... considering doing it but on a much smaller level to see how it is now!