14/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Games like Neopets

Looking for a game like neopets, maybe more of a mature community.
    Perhaps somewhere with a stronger writing community as well.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Life (not the board game).

Start at level 1, as you age and gain more skills by training school, you're more likely to be able to take on bigger challenges. Investing in school will come out with a Degree or two, of which you can use to accrue more real life neopoints. You can also use it to expand your neofamily, so when you get real-life purged, it'll go to a legit heir, instead of being lost forever.

If you desire a stronger writing community, you can associate with intellectuals at places like Universities, or just things like book clubs. Even better than neopets, is after you're done reading a book, it won't disappear!

This game called "Life" has many parallels with neopets. It runs on its own currency, you have to use it to buy food or you'll be dying. Sometimes you'll get sick so you have to buy medicine, or just splurge your hard earned RL neopoints on useless things! If you're a gambler, there's also an advanced, expanded version of the stock market, or just by doing scratchcards and lotto tickets! I begin to think this "Life" is stealing from neopets' ideas, hmm...

Scammers in this game are usually called criminals, and the punishment is a lot more severe, so they're rarer and less likely to return to the community scot-free after they've been convicted. Luckily, the judicial system in "Life" is much more refined and efficient than that totalitarian regime known as TNT, often utilizing player rights, thorough investigations, successful appeal processes, witness testimonies, and accumulation of evidence to protect the innocent.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Could you link me?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I would if I could...

But the link itself is heavily encrypted and always changing, you need an authorized UN/PW to access the game servers.

You wonder where you get these UN/PWs? If you fulfill the eligibility requirements, some "Life" admins called The Government will give them to you, on a limited-basis. If you want to switch game servers to a different location, it can be difficult, though if you have a friend in the other location, they can sometimes give you referrals, collectively known as sponsorships. It's also hard to switch back and forth between servers, to reduce cheating; luckily sometimes The Government will also give you temporary passes, called Visas or Passports.

Luckily, once you're connected, you'll never drop a game, because the game servers are highly embedded and ubiquitous throughout the network (codename Earth), and seamlessly interact to eliminate lag.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    510 times
    Time Online
    40d 8h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Subeta, Marapets, and Icepets are the ones that come to mind, but I don't care too much for any of them .
    J_L_K_64 rules you.

Pronouns
    He / Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    63d 23h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    (you need an account to see links)
    Refer "Shawn"

It's mature and fucked up too

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    I would if I could...

But the link itself is heavily encrypted and always changing, you need an authorized UN/PW to access the game servers.

You wonder where you get these UN/PWs? If you fulfill the eligibility requirements, some "Life" admins called The Government will give them to you, on a limited-basis. If you want to switch game servers to a different location, it can be difficult, though if you have a friend in the other location, they can sometimes give you referrals, collectively known as sponsorships. It's also hard to switch back and forth between servers, to reduce cheating; luckily sometimes The Government will also give you temporary passes, called Visas or Passports.

Luckily, once you're connected, you'll never drop a game, because the game servers are highly embedded and ubiquitous throughout the network (codename Earth), and seamlessly interact to eliminate lag.
    It being so exclusive, where do I find a friend to invite me haha

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Sadly there's no other site out there quite like neopets in design, however much people have tried to copy it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    5d 9h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I could copy most of it apart from games and graphics.
    If my post helped please send $2,000,000 via PayPal!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Only one worth investing time is gaia online.