I have a Dell 1555 laptop and I absolutely love it. Mainly because if I click the two mouse buttons together it makes a new tab so I don't have to right click all the time and then select "Open in a new tab" but also because it has very good stock speakers, the keys and mouse buttons are quiet, and overall nice layout. If it's not already obvious I don't do enough with RAM or whatever things go on inside to care about performance or graphics. Anyways, the computer just stopped being on it's two year warranty and there are a couple things wrong with it.
1) The battery lasts literally less than half an hour
2) The charger wore out near the plug and now makes sparks if moved
3) And just this morning I woke up to a broken screen (the internally bleeding type, not a cracked screen)... I suspect it was stepped on :/

I purchased a battery and charger for around $30 from amazon two days ago. I can return these easily enough (I hope) but the screen is something else. It would cost me in the ballpark range of $50 just to get the part and I have no idea how I would install it. Right now I am using an external monitor which won't work for when I go back to school.

If you were in my place what would you do? Spend the $80 and attempt to fix it? Or use the $80 towards a new laptop? Something else entirely? Thoughts and help greatly appreciated!