Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

GW and GW2

Anyone played/play either of these games?

I myself used to be addicted to Guild Wars. I bought all the expansions, cleared through the maps multiple times and somehow logged over 4000 hours of gameplay into the game. I then quit for a little, returned to the game, redid it all with a new character. Then I moved to the PreSearing aspect of the game where I sent over 2000 hours creating characters and death leveling them till level 20 for the LDoA title.

I got GW2 as well. I decided to play it from a beginner's perspective and did not link my GW account with my GW2 account. I must say, it's not the same. It didn't catch my eye as much as GW1 did but I'm sure it just takes some taking used to.

Anyways, let me know your thoughts!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    5d 9h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I played, I wrote the multi client app.

I quit GW1 for GW2. got used to GW2, then quit.
    If my post helped please send $2,000,000 via PayPal!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    You wrote the multi client app for GW1? If it's the same one I'm thinking of, then I used to use that so much!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I'm playing GW2 still, not sure how much longer I'll be playing it

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I bought guild wars not really knowing much about it , loved the game but within a week I was level 20 with nothing to do but repetitive battles.

It got boring though I did love the actual game part of it until that point. Should of just been a mmorpg without all the crappy forced battles and a level limit you can hit in a week.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    The level limit you can definitely hit in a week. In fact I've never played a game with faster leveling. The first time you level though takes awhile because you are learning about the game.

My 2nd 80 I crafted basically all the way to 80. I went from 1-10 on my own, crafted 10-30, quested 30-45 and crafted/storylined from 45-80 in a few hours.

I think the massive pvp is an absolute blast. The mechanics aren't really balanced in 1v1 scenarios as well, but the strategy involved with 3 different servers facing off with siege is just a lot of fun. Best part is no monthly subscription.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I got addicted to a 2d mmorpg called Tibia I am level 217 on there one of the highest in England and of course botted every minute of it. My bot owned it would auto heal me , cast spells on certain monsters , walk around caves , collect loot go to bank when full and deposit gold/cash , rebuy mana potions / fluids and then return to the hunting location and hunt again.

For the technical
    I did this in vb6 with no api hooks , all I did was change the servers ip adress in memory to localhost then pick the connection up in a winsock proxy. Had to decrypt the packets using RSA key (key was also in memory) then I could send my own fake packets to the game without any hooks at all. I also used some basic memory reading for getting current hp amounts ect and later they added basic dma and a xor packet to try and stop things like this but it was too late really. I could just compare the old .exe to a new one and see what they changed...