DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Awsome I was born in blaenau ffestiniog (still got lots of family there) now I live in East Midlands.

I dont think many people believed me after all this I just gave up and left the entire scene for a long time. I was ontop of the game at the time , making the best cheats available hacking every single flash game there was. I am sure many people was happy to see my downfall . I got addicted to a Mmorpg called Tibia and just started to hack neopets every now and then as a hobby. releasing shit like rare buyer and nts during a time I did not even play neopets.

Since the entire codex dramah I have always stuck to a "no private programs , no limits on who can use and usually open source" policy. I do not like to get tied to any one site but like I said I trust joe .

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    240 times
    Time Online
    12d 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Ah, ffestiniog is the opposite side of the country to me xD

I joined codex back last year I think, I didn't stick around though because it just seemed kinda dead.

& being able to hack Neopets as a hobby...I wish I could do that. I've tried programming and stuff in the past, but I absolutely suck at it. The extent of my skills cover a hello world application and basic neologin function

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinket For This Useful Post:

Zachafer (12-27-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I will talk to joe tonight about getting this new year started with a bang. Thinking of releasing my habi bot .

@(you need an account to see links) is there any decent way to release a python program without compromising source code?
    Last edited by DarkByte; 12-27-2012 at 05:21 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkByte For This Useful Post:

Death (12-27-2012),Nik (12-27-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I never joined codex because it seemed too large, impersonal, and unorganized. Like many large forums, the members become douches that flame at newbies or people that ask dumb questions (even if they're genuine). Everybody was a noob some time ago, no need to be dicks about it.

From what I've read so far, looks like codex is far worse than the surface, such acts are despicable. When members join a forum, they place their trust and info in a community that should help then. Not screw them behind their backs like con artists and rob them blind.

---

I like how tight and friendly cK is, taking time to embrace new members and overall be friendly to all; as well as the strong effort to combat scammers, bots, and spam. While cK is still a relatively small community and it's easy to be personal as such, I hope it'll continue to grow in the year(s) to come while staying true to its roots - which is possible with the effort and diligence I've already seen.

---

On a side note, I found cK and joined 'cause I Googled 'munsterpoo hacked' and this came up with Demo's detailed account.

I thought, "Shit, this site's the real deal! Need to get in on this!"

-End rant

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    18d 20h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    that sounds really bad, when was it that they were doing this?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    A very long time ago now. I was just looking over some of there members post and it seems like eventually they admitted I was not faking it.

However the members all still agreed I should be banned for "leaking admin information" (the fact they hacked there own members) then I see people saying I defaced codex and was partnering with 3vo? So much bullshit even I have lost track to be honest.

Just do not trust these deceitful people they are in it now days purely for the money and they will stab there closest friends in the back if you do not agree with them. Seriously I am long over it I want no part in the site and could not stand the idea of forging a fake friendship with these people just to benefit there site.

Also I know I was a ass in the codex days. I was 15 and considered to be the best hacker in the community. That shit went to my head I developed a ego. When you have people licking your ass all day and you fail in every aspect of life but one , its hard to stay grounded. But they screwed me over... Cant believe I am dragging this ancient history up more of a interesting tale into the past of a shady site that really fucked me over and gave me alot of trust issues that many people seem to of forgot.

If all this codex shit had not happened I can only imagine where the cheating scene would be today. I am glad I did have the time away though to grow up and realize what I do (in terms of programming) is really nothing special and my ego was misplaced.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    7d 1h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    idk someone seems to be trying to destroy my fave forum, but it'll always be my fave regardless ^-^ it would be awesome if there was a place for all of us and not being spread out on different forums.
    though, I do still have my fave forum of all XD but it's because it's the first one I joined, but that is seriously DEAD now. such a shame

That awkward when you already said "moment" in your head before you read it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    18d 20h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by raredaredevil View Post
    A very long time ago now. I was just looking over some of there members post and it seems like eventually they admitted I was not faking it.

However the members all still agreed I should be banned for "leaking admin information" (the fact they hacked there own members) then I see people saying I defaced codex and was partnering with 3vo? So much bullshit even I have lost track to be honest.

Just do not trust these deceitful people they are in it now days purely for the money and they will stab there closest friends in the back if you do not agree with them. Seriously I am long over it I want no part in the site and could not stand the idea of forging a fake friendship with these people just to benefit there site.

Also I know I was a ass in the codex days. I was 15 and considered to be the best hacker in the community. That shit went to my head I developed a ego. When you have people licking your ass all day and you fail in every aspect of life but one , its hard to stay grounded. But they screwed me over... Cant believe I am dragging this ancient history up more of a interesting tale into the past of a shady site that really fucked me over and gave me alot of trust issues that many people seem to of forgot.

If all this codex shit had not happened I can only imagine where the cheating scene would be today. I am glad I did have the time away though to grow up and realize what I do (in terms of programming) is really nothing special and my ego was misplaced.
    it sounds like in the end both of you benefited from the experience even if it was very bad at the time, i haven't heard of any site doing something like that since then either.

Quote Originally Posted by raredaredevil View Post
    is there actually money money to be made by running a neopets forum?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I think so back when I ran it we had no ads , now days they sell programs and subscriptions ect we had none of this you had to earn your stripes so to speak .

Now days I imagine alot of money gets speant on a hashlist rather than a subscription to some forum with cheating programs. I imagine it used to gain them alot of money but im just speculating .

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    16d 18h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

2013 Year Of Clraik?

@(you need an account to see links)

At least you told people the truth and didn't get in on the account hacking,
    backstabbing your own users is just weak.

In the end it's not about the size of a community, it's about the quality.
    As long as we always have a few people who can code like joe, zachafer and yourself the forum will continue to grow and improve.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nik For This Useful Post:

DarkByte (12-27-2012)