This program is quite simple.
If you see an adbot or a spambot posting, you know how annoying it is. This program will cut many off before they can waste your time.
Although we try, we cannot prevent all bots from joining the forum. What I would like you to do, is to private message me the names of bots you find. They are quite easy to spot from two main things.
I will use the bot foenseAbodo as a demonstration. It can be found here: http://clraik.com/forum/member.php?7046-foenseAbodo The way to tell is to go to the "About Me" tab there you will see these two things.
A bot's biography will almost always be listed as "Man" and the interest includes the username.
A bot's Instant Messaging contact area will often have a flower logo called ICQ.
Please PM me names of the bots you find in groups of 5. I will +2 rep for each. If two people send the same account, the person who sent it first gets credit for it. I will respond to you if one of the accounts in your list has already been sent, then i will let you know and you can find another bot. I will do all the bots and all the rep at once. I will do this about once a week or so. So, don't bug me about rep, you will get it.
On a side note, please don't send me the link to the lookup, just the name makes things much easier.
If i missed anything, let me know.
Credit for the wonderful screenshots goes to the lovely @esperanto.
Last edited by John; 12-20-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Hey guys, here's a really fast way of doing things. Hope it will speed things up.
1) First, we look at all the newcomers here
http://clraik.com/forum/memberlist.p...&sort=joindate (This is page 21, you can use other pages as well)
2) Copy all the newcomers' names (It'll look something like this)
3) Head over here and paste it in: http://textmechanic.com/Remove-Lines...ontaining.html
4) Remove lines containing: 0
5) You'll be left with
6) Now, head back to http://clraik.com/forum/memberlist.p...&sort=joindate and open every single newcomer's name in new tab. (Don't be lazy!)
7) If you see Biography: Men and ICQ symbol, close the tab.
8) If you don't see it, head back to your textmechanic tab and remove that username, and close that username tab.
9) At the end of the whole process, copy everything on your text mechanic list and send to John.
Since you've removed all the humans, what's left will be bots. It's faster and easier this way, since I've done a page of 30 and around 25 are bots.
Need to go off, will come back and make this nicer looking (Not too sure if those spoilers worked, first time using it)
John's regretting this hardcore.
why you gotta hate on icq... there was a time it was the most popular web messing program there was
I'm on my phone so I might have missed it.... Is there a limit to how much rep we can get?
not technically, but there will probably be a limit put into effect.
Alright. Just checking. Like I just went through all the ones one on page. It was all but like 2 0.o
So many bots omg
this is down for right now.