Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the amazing thing about The Hunger Games?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    125/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    47d 22h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Battle Royale is amazing. I read the book in 8th grade and loved it. Finally watched the movie last year. Wasn't a fan of the sequel.

I know she wanted to be alive for her sister, but her whole thing was that if she was going to die, she wasn't going to be controlled by the Capitol, so she didn't kill anyone. Peeta does kill people, just not on camera. The girl with the fire, for example.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    4d 7h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    She wanted to be alive for her sister ��
    It wasn't so much that she wanted to "be alive" for her sister as she knew the odds were stacked against her to the extreme. She lives in the 12th district which is the poorest, most shat on district of them all, they're all left there to starve and get killed in the mines and they only had one winner of the games, Haymitch, who is a drunk and of no use as a mentor. But Katniss wants to be strong for her sister so she decides she will damn well try her best, if only so her sister tries her best to be strong for her too, back at home. Katniss a fighter by nature anyway.

And yes, I am one of those people that gets emotionally attached to characters LOL.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hale For This Useful Post:

DarkAngel (12-19-2012),Matt~ (12-19-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    125/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    47d 22h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hale View Post
    It wasn't so much that she wanted to "be alive" for her sister as she knew the odds were stacked against her to the extreme. She lives in the 12th district which is the poorest, most shat on district of them all, they're all left there to starve and get killed in the mines and they only had one winner of the games, Haymitch, who is a drunk and of no use as a mentor. But Katniss wants to be strong for her sister so she decides she will damn well try her best, if only so her sister tries her best to be strong for her too, back at home. Katniss a fighter by nature anyway.

And yes, I am one of those people that gets emotionally attached to characters LOL.
    Glad I'm not the only one who got her, hahaha. I am too.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    4d 7h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Thank god I'm not the only one LOL. I'm a big reader, well I used to be (not a whole lot of time for it anymore :c), and I always get veryyyyy involved in books as I'm reading them LOL. I started The Hunger Games on a whim at 11pm one night and I stayed up until 7am that same night to finish it.....

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    240 times
    Time Online
    12d 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I thought Katniss indirectly killed people...like with the careers' base camp that exploded, and the bees nest thing? I need to re-read the books

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    125/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    47d 22h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I think that's the only time though, I didn't really count that. Hahaha.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    57d 11h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m

Ohh I thought the poorest was the one filled with black people, cause you know, after that girl dies they start a "revolution"
    Selling Almost Any NC item!

Selling Balthazars Bag of Bottled Faeries - $150

Selling SEVERAL EPIC Main Accounts and Robotification Zappermajigs!!

Custom NeoPoint Orders? PM me!
    Selling Shells, $2 each :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    125/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    47d 22h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Thank god I'm not the only one LOL. I'm a big reader, well I used to be (not a whole lot of time for it anymore :c), and I always get veryyyyy involved in books as I'm reading them LOL. I started The Hunger Games on a whim at 11pm one night and I stayed up until 7am that same night to finish it.....
    Started it for a class group project in first hour, and by eighth hour, I was in the library checking out Catching Fire and Mockingjay. LOL I loved them, and I made my mom read them as well. ^_^

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    4d 7h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinket View Post
    I thought Katniss indirectly killed people...like with the careers' base camp that exploded, and the bees nest thing? I need to re-read the books

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hale For This Useful Post:

Trinket (12-19-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    125/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    47d 22h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m