Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 2 Billion pixel photo of Mt. Everest

  1. #1
    Andrew


    I_royalty_I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    Behind you.
    Age
    98
    Posts
    5,989
    Thanks
    5,141
    Thanked 7,779 Times in 2,993 Posts


    Downloads
    29
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1781 Post(s)
    Time Online
    338 d 5 h 54 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 h 18 m
    Rep Power
    16

    2 Billion pixel photo of Mt. Everest

    I saw this last night and thought it was pretty awesome!
    You can pan the image left and right and get about a great wide angled view.
    I thought it was really impressive and figured I'd share.
    Looks like it would be amazing to hike through that range

    https://s3.amazonaws.com/Gigapans/EB...8bit_FLAT.html

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

    Trinket (12-19-2012)

  3. #2

    Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,821
    Thanks
    1,563
    Thanked 4,711 Times in 2,504 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1365 Post(s)
    Time Online
    131 d 12 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 42 m
    Rep Power
    11
    Holy crap, I can zoom into little slates of shale in that!

    And looks warm, despite the snow.

  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Location
    90 90
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,714
    Thanks
    876
    Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,139 Posts


    Downloads
    44
    Uploads
    1
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Time Online
    118 d 6 h 45 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 30 m
    Rep Power
    0
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DarkByt3 PSN ID: raredaredevil
    Pretty cool I was reading about dead bodys of frozen people up there preety amazing:

    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...odies-faq.html


    This dead guy is used by hikers as a marker:


    People will add "green boots" as a marker on there map and it means this guy. Theres over 200 bodys up there , I would not like to hike up there after reading this!

  5. #4
    Andrew


    I_royalty_I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    Behind you.
    Age
    98
    Posts
    5,989
    Thanks
    5,141
    Thanked 7,779 Times in 2,993 Posts


    Downloads
    29
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1781 Post(s)
    Time Online
    338 d 5 h 54 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 h 18 m
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Holy crap, I can zoom into little slates of shale in that!

    And looks warm, despite the snow.
    Yeah it's insane!
    At first I didn't notice that you could pan left and right, and I thought that was epic.
    Then I saw that you could zoom and and it just completely blew my mind how amazing the image is!

    ---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by raredaredevil View Post
    Pretty cool I was reading about dead bodys of frozen people up there preety amazing:

    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...odies-faq.html


    This dead guy is used by hikers as a marker:


    People will add "green boots" as a marker on there map and it means this guy. Theres over 200 bodys up there , I would not like to hike up there after reading this!
    That's definitely a little...disturbing to say the least! xD
    I've hiked up to the peak of a mountain that was about 4miles in elevation, a little less than half of everest.
    But even so, the view at the top, just being up there, it's really something I'll always remember.
    It would be a LOT of work and training to ever be able to do everest, but I think it would be well worth it if you could make it!

  6. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,856
    Thanks
    1,493
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,216 Posts


    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1092 Post(s)
    Time Online
    42 d 18 h 30 m
    Avg. Time Online
    32 m
    Rep Power
    16
    Now i can climb mount Everest virtually from the comfort of my bed, oh joy!

    Pretty quality stuff though. Almost scheduled a few days in Nepal this spring break and would have been able to see it, but went with Seoul Korea instead.

  7. #6
    Andrew


    I_royalty_I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    Behind you.
    Age
    98
    Posts
    5,989
    Thanks
    5,141
    Thanked 7,779 Times in 2,993 Posts


    Downloads
    29
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1781 Post(s)
    Time Online
    338 d 5 h 54 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 h 18 m
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Now i can climb mount Everest virtually from the comfort of my bed, oh joy!

    Pretty quality stuff though. Almost scheduled a few days in Nepal this spring break and would have been able to see it, but went with Seoul Korea instead.
    I'm telling you man, switch to go to Nepal.
    Nepal > Korea... any day!

  8. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,856
    Thanks
    1,493
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,216 Posts


    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1092 Post(s)
    Time Online
    42 d 18 h 30 m
    Avg. Time Online
    32 m
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I'm telling you man, switch to go to Nepal.
    Nepal > Korea... any day!
    too late flights are all booked, i'm all settled.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •