Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you looking for in a pet-based web game?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    368 times
    Time Online
    23d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

What are you looking for in a pet-based web game?

I don't mean this question as "What would you like to see Neopets add/get rid off/change etc."

What I do mean suppose a new pet site was released. Would you like to see a human avatar as well as pets? Customizable pets or no? Bigger emphasis on housing and easier customization of such? A battling system? Different worlds or a singular world? In-game trading for USD or keeping the black market alive? Guilds, Chatting boards or malleable chat rooms? Static pets or evolving pets? A limited number of pets requiring more accounts or an unlimited number with the option for only one account? A trade center, auctions, user shops, or none of the above? Personalized user lookups or a personalized "about me" page linked from a standard UL? Plots? Flash games? Nom-flash games? Avatars? Trophies?

Which things are most important to you and which would you not want to see?

I'll add more thoughts as I think of them

You don't have to answer every single one of the above, it's mostly just for generating ideas. Please let me know if you've any ideas I haven't listed as well ^_^

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I like pretty things.
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    368 times
    Time Online
    23d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I like pretty things.
    This isn't about me right now John

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Lalalalala

4. The Following User Says Thank You to esperanto For This Useful Post:

Zachafer (12-21-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    368 times
    Time Online
    23d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Bumping! +rep for good responses!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    164 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Battling systems are what draws me to a pet site which I intend to play legitly. Ability to cheat at other things is what draws me otherwise.

I like Icepets feature of a pet color & species "closet." Once your pet has been any given species and color combination, you can change them to anything else you want, so long as they have previously been that color and species combination.

I like human avatars, providing they fit with the story of the world. If the world's background doesn't involve the pets actually being "pets" of a human, they shouldn't exist.

Customization is better than static pets, but I'd like to see a site where your pet evolves somehow in combination with customization. I don't really chat much on pet sites, so if there is some sort of user shop with no limit for pricing so that I don't have to deal with haggling with someone over a price for something, that simplifies things IMO.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Death For This Useful Post:

esperanto (12-20-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    368 times
    Time Online
    23d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    164 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    LOL. Didn't see the +rep thing. I was wondering why I got repped. Thanks BB =)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Random Items from creatures , give each a loot % also make some items really rare im talking like 0.5% values.. This will increase there item prices and also add a fun aspect to hunting.

Now you dont wanna do what neopets does , don't flood the market with items that are supposed to be expensive because if level 1 players can have the best set in your game in a few days whats the point? The best way to do this is to add a min selling price you would be happy for each item to sell for. Make npcs / shops buy the items at your lowest price. This way it will be pointless for experienced players to sell there super rare items for any less than the value the npc buys at.

Death Penalty:
    The death penalty should be severe not to harsh but its ok to make the player loose a days work in death. Trust me it works alot better for you if death is a major event that takes alot of work away from the player. Also it can be a selling point for premium accounts , just add a premium blessings to decrease death penalty for upgraded players.

I will throw some more up if you want later I had alot of problems with my own game I had to deal with but mine was not a pet site xD.
    Last edited by DarkByte; 12-21-2012 at 04:13 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    108/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    49d 8h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Flash games and trophies add alot to a site, especially on like neo depending on what kind of trophy it is, you get NP,
    that is something that attracts me to a site, customizing pets is also a nice thing...Oh and like a forum type thing, like
    the neoboards? BUT make it so its not so Nazi Strict like neopets meaning you cant say certain things without getting ruined
    from it....
    [11:06 PN] domenick: you cant fix stupid
    [11:06 PM] andrew: unfortunately not lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dom~ For This Useful Post:

DarkByte (12-21-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Yeah ^ problem is there aimed at mums usually and they just do not want the complaints especially being linked to nickledeon.

Maybe make a more mature pet site aimed at adults not kids. Remember the generation that grew up playing game boy pokemon games are now of about the right age to have there own credit cards...