4/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    4d 19h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

In need of some serious advice.

Ok so, I just found out from a friend of mine, that my brother is doing Meth. He just got out of basic training for the Army National Guard not too long ago, got a job at Sam's Club, and seemed to be doing good. Now, I found out today, he's no-call/no-showed to his job for the past week or so, and he's been doing Meth with a few other kids I knew from high school. I've already informed his girlfriend about it, I'm sure she had no idea.

Already talked to my mom, she doesn't know he's doing Meth but she knows he's up to something. She's going to take his keys away and boot him out of the house. So, I guess what I'm wondering is, should I call his commanding officer for his unit and tel him they need to give him a drug test? Or, should I just let it play it's course. I'm so angry right now I'm shaking, and I don't want to do anything that will make him do something he's going to regret. Our dad committed suicide in 2010 and I'm scared he may do the same.

Help...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    88 times
    Time Online
    22d 22h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Do not call his commanding officer... I mean, he's already going to lose his Sam's club job and he's being booted out of the house. If he doesn't do the proper work in the National Guard let them deal with it. Getting him kicked out of the Army won't help his drug problem at all. Sounds like he's going to be homeless soon enough, no need to dump everything on him all at once.

If you actually want to HELP him I'd suggest a rehab or therapy program... something that deals with his actual issue instead of taking meth instead of heaping on more bad side effects.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Graff For This Useful Post:

kutt (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    4d 19h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Graff View Post
    Do not call his commanding officer... I mean, he's already going to lose his Sam's club job and he's being booted out of the house. If he doesn't do the proper work in the National Guard let them deal with it. Getting him kicked out of the Army won't help his drug problem at all. Sounds like he's going to be homeless soon enough, no need to dump everything on him all at once.

If you actually want to HELP him I'd suggest a rehab or therapy program... something that deals with his actual issue instead of taking meth instead of heaping on more bad side effects.
    That makes a lot of sense. Thank you. When I get pissed off I don't think clearly, obviously, and tend to impulse a lot of my actions. I wouldn't know the first thing about trying to get him checked in to treatment or anything like that.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    7d 1h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I agree with Graff. Calling and "telling" on him probably wouldn't really help him right now. I think I'd take a long, serious talk with him. Or maybe make your mom do it. Maybe tell him he needs professional help I'm sorry to hear it. My friend has a brother who has a really serious drug problem and he keeps coming home to steal his money and stuff :/ it's just hard to know what to do with an abuser especially when you really love them..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    Shit dude, sorry to hear about your dad.
    My best friend started taking acid tabs and just went off the rails a few years back.
    He's so beyond fucked now he doesnt even recognize anybody anymore. I didnt know what to do back then because everything I said fell of deaf ears but if I had my time again, I would get everyone thats close to him to just sit him down and talk some sense into him.
    He needs to know and understand he's screwing everything up and only then can he start to recover.
    I hope everything works out man!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/3
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    17d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Showing anger against him or showing actions that suggest that he is rejected from the family will only give him reason to commit suicide or push him to do that.
    Instead, show him your desire to help him to overcome his addiction in a warm, loving way. This can be done by gently talking to him into rehab or therapy program or something.
    A personal request from me is to make your last resort the nearest local Christian church in your area. Above all, pray.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    4d 19h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Thank you for your help everyone, it's greatly appreciated.