53/0
    Mentioned
    260 times
    Time Online
    51d 17h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m

Savants Guide to WOW Riches!

How is everyone doing? This is my guide that made me TONS of gold on WoW. It is very simple and doesn't require much at all. Maybe one maxed level character and 1 or 2 open character slots.(This is will be discussed later) It is not an overnight success but once grasped you will be able to buy anything you want without having to worry about "Do I have enough" or "Can I afford this mount"

First Step:

If you have a level 80-90 Character then that is a plus already. You having this character almost grants you money and you probably did even know it. This is because your able to farm certain items in lower dungeons that people at lower levels need for their professions. Any material such as cloth, gems, green/blue items, rare transmog items are ALL profitable. So the key here would be to take your high level character along with some bandages (if you need it) and start farming Mats. Collecting any Gems for Jewel Crafting (yes LOW END GEMS) Cloth for Tailoring and First Aid (This does include Linen and Wool Cloth) Green items for people to disenchant and transmog their characters. (Believe it or not people will transmog into low level gear if it looks cool to them) So LOOT LOOT LOOT
    Obviously you wont need any of the grey or white items so these will be vendored along with low level food which isn't high in demand.

Second Step:

Make yourself a banker toon. What is a banker toon you might ask. In simple it is a character used for the sole purpose of storing your items and gold into. The best way to go about this is to make a level one and head over to a capitol city. (For use of Auction House, Bank, and Mail Box) Once their go as far as creating a new guild with this toon to gain more bank space via Guild Bank. This is almost a MUST HAVE if your looking to make thousands of gold. Once you get enough guild signatures make sure to remove all the members that helped you sign the charter (tip them for the help if you would like) and make sure your the only person with access to the guild bank. Yes a level one bank is fine to start off with. Though upgrading will be done later as you earn your gold.

Third Step:

This will be the more difficult step in the process. Searching the auction house for various items used for leveling professions. You don't HAVE to invest any gold yet but the idea here is to get a feel for your servers economy. Yes each server as you may know does have different economies. The supply and demand of items changes drastically from each one. I have seen Wool cloth sell on one server for 50 silver each. On another server a stack was going for over 45 gold each. Yes I have even seen higher (I have sold them higher) So familiarize yourself with your Auction House to learn prices. If you have to search 20 items that you want to work with everyday, even 2 times a day if possible. Even write them down on notebook paper if you have to. Price checking is always going to help you. How would it hurt you exactly? I honestly don't even use that many Add-ons to help with this because I deem them sloppy looking and confusing. Though if your good with them go for it. Whatever helps you understand the value of items works. Items I suggest looking into would be...
    Linen Cloth, Wool, Silk, Runecloth, Frostweave, Embersilk
    Shadowgem, Moss Agate, Tigerseye, Huge Emerald, Citrine
    Small/Large Radiant Shard, Strange Dust, Infinite Dust, Dream Dust
    There are SO many mats to look for. The more commonly used the higher in demand they are obviously. I don't suggest looking into items that are only used for one profession or to make 1 specific item as it is lower in demand.

Fourth Step:

Investing into your supply. If your not running and instance gathering more mats or farming a raid then obviously you don't want to stand around being idle. Look in the AH for stuff like say "Moss Agate" If there are only 2 being sold for 3g each. BUY THEM ALL OUT! Why is this? You don't need them. Thing is... Someone will. Grab those same 2 gems and put them in the AH for 10g each and more than likely they will sell. Not 100% of the time but hey if they don't what is hurt here? Nothing! You have increased your supply and now you can sell anytime they are priced more than that by "Under cutting" Yes under cutting is mean in someways but in a supply and demand world. It is a must.

Under cutting competition.

This needs its own section. This is something that you will have to become fond of doing. Say you have stocked up 50 stacks of Wool Cloth and are looking to sell them. You search the AH and there are none posted at a cheap price maybe only 1 or 2 guys selling them at 30g and 32g a stack. The art of undercutting is so fun. You notice their prices and post just under them to maximize your profit and still be the cheapest around. So if the buyout price is 30g for the cheapest I suggest posting a price of 27g Bid and 29g50s Buyout. You are now the cheapest so people will obviously buy yours before anyone else. Now aside from this example there are MANY times you will not want to undercut people. If gems or cloth is being sold at 2-3g a stack and there are plenty to go around what should you do? The answer is simple. Cut your loses for the moment and move on to your next item. You can't lose money if you don't sell it dirty cheap. Key is buying low and selling high. Trust me ALL items do sell. I have sold wood to a lumberjack at sky high prices. So you search your next item you want to sell and continue this process. Soon you will be making TONS of gold by simply working the AH the best you can. Yes you will have those times your items won't sell and they are sent back to you. No harm in that at all. You still have a stock pile of items ready to go the moment the market is in need of them.

Conclusion

What have you learned? Farming is 100% pure profit. Searching the AH to learn value of items is key. The more items you invest in the more you will have in return. So don't hesitate to buyout items that are 50 silver each and sit on them for 2 days until you basically control the market. Don't waste time sitting idle, SCAN THE AH! You never know what you will find. Good luck to everyone in the gold making journey!

I will be adding more to this in the very near future for those looking for more in-depth and more specific items to look out for!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Savant For This Useful Post:

distanthunder (08-22-2014),j03 (12-03-2012)