Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Sooo I signed up for the National Guard today!

  1. #1
    Banned

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,851
    Thanks
    1,370
    Thanked 320 Times in 182 Posts


    Downloads
    60
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Time Online
    46 d 11 h 7 m
    Avg. Time Online
    35 m
    Rep Power
    0

    Sooo I signed up for the National Guard today!

    Anyone else here done this? or know how long the process usually takes?

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kooldude888 For This Useful Post:

    esperanto (11-22-2012),Savant (11-22-2012)

  3. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts


    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Time Online
    11 h 6 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Rep Power
    6
    No replies huh? I haven't done it but know a few that have, you join the reserves? Once you go to MEPS if you sign on the spot (optional) then you'll get orders to report pretty fast.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to drew010 For This Useful Post:

    kooldude888 (11-22-2012)

  5. #3
    Banned

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,851
    Thanks
    1,370
    Thanked 320 Times in 182 Posts


    Downloads
    60
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Time Online
    46 d 11 h 7 m
    Avg. Time Online
    35 m
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by drew010 View Post
    No replies huh? I haven't done it but know a few that have, you join the reserves? Once you go to MEPS if you sign on the spot (optional) then you'll get orders to report pretty fast.
    yeah the reserves waiting to hear back to see if im eligible or not yet xD kinda nervous

  6. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts


    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Time Online
    11 h 6 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Rep Power
    6
    I'm sure they'll take you. What made you decide to join?

  7. #5
    Banned

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,851
    Thanks
    1,370
    Thanked 320 Times in 182 Posts


    Downloads
    60
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Time Online
    46 d 11 h 7 m
    Avg. Time Online
    35 m
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by drew010 View Post
    I'm sure they'll take you. What made you decide to join?
    i wasnt sure just because i broke my back in the beginning of June and it still bothers me quite a bit, wasnt sure if that would be a reason to exclude me

    and just wanna get outta this state and think it would be cool to be able to do all kinds of good things for people and see different parts of the world

  8. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts


    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Time Online
    11 h 6 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Rep Power
    6
    Ouch bummer about your back, I hope the pain you still feel goes away soon. I suppose that might be reason for them to exclude you, I remember they used to not take people with braces and/or dental problems because it was just another expense.

    If not, check out the California Conservation Corps. "Hard work, low pay, miserable conditions ... and more!" I never did it but I knew someone that did and he really liked it. You might be able to find similar programs where you actually get to travel outside the country too rather than be in one place.

    Either way, good luck with it and I hope you get to experience the things you want to see and do.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to drew010 For This Useful Post:

    kooldude888 (11-22-2012)

  10. #7
    Banned

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,851
    Thanks
    1,370
    Thanked 320 Times in 182 Posts


    Downloads
    60
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Time Online
    46 d 11 h 7 m
    Avg. Time Online
    35 m
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by drew010 View Post
    Ouch bummer about your back, I hope the pain you still feel goes away soon. I suppose that might be reason for them to exclude you, I remember they used to not take people with braces and/or dental problems because it was just another expense.

    If not, check out the California Conservation Corps. "Hard work, low pay, miserable conditions ... and more!" I never did it but I knew someone that did and he really liked it. You might be able to find similar programs where you actually get to travel outside the country too rather than be in one place.

    Either way, good luck with it and I hope you get to experience the things you want to see and do.
    If I do get excluded cause of that i'll look it up!! thanks bud!! i hope i will be able to too!!

  11. #8


    Savant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    USA - TN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    987
    Thanks
    490
    Thanked 403 Times in 224 Posts


    Downloads
    53
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Time Online
    51 d 2 h 56 m
    Avg. Time Online
    38 m
    Rep Power
    8
    Congrats on signing up. I joined the navy straight outta high school.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Savant For This Useful Post:

    kooldude888 (11-22-2012)

  13. #9
    Banned

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,851
    Thanks
    1,370
    Thanked 320 Times in 182 Posts


    Downloads
    60
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Time Online
    46 d 11 h 7 m
    Avg. Time Online
    35 m
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Congrats on signing up. I joined the navy straight outta high school.
    thanks bud!!! and thats awesome how was that??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •