69/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    60d 3h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m

Reformatting issues

Need to reformat my computer cause it has a virus, I tried reformatting it but the hard drive isn't being detected so I cant do it, any suggestions on how to solve this issue? Will provide more info if needed!
    I reserve the right to back out of any of any trade, especially if you give me a reason not to trust you. Plain and simple. My feedback score speaks for itself, I always deliver!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Im guessing it will be the Boot order in which your computer is selecting (its running other drives before the drive you have the cd in, causing the cd to load later than the screen you need to reformat).

F12 = Boot Menu appears in the upper-right corner of the screen when the computer first turns on

Press F12 key, and select your CD Drive (which has the Windows or Recovery disc in already)
    If it doesn't boot from the drive, either the CD is damaged (scratched; dirty; warped), or the drive is faulty

keep me updated because i always get this problem and forget how to fix it everytime i reformat

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    The hard drive is probly set to Sata mode boot into the setup bios by hitting the right key when booting up (usually delete,f12 ,f10 or ,f2). Look for a setting like

"Sata mode" or "AHCI / ATA mode". Change it from Sata to whatever other option it gives you (usually Ata , or ide or something like that).

Other than that you can download your syststems sata/raid drivers then make a custom windows xp cd with the drivers already on the disk using a program like "nlite" its a bit of a hassle and you will need to burn a cd , but you will have sata/raid still enabled so its better for system performace to do it like this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkByte For This Useful Post:

John (11-20-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    69/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    60d 3h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    I'll have to try this stuff when I get back from vacation!
    I reserve the right to back out of any of any trade, especially if you give me a reason not to trust you. Plain and simple. My feedback score speaks for itself, I always deliver!