View Poll Results: Who did you vote for?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

16 53.33%
  • Mitt Romney

8 26.67%
  • Neither - they both suck.

6 20.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who did you vote for? [President Election]

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    57d 11h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Well we don't use our military on our home soil.. at least we aren't supposed to.
    That's why we have the national guard, cia, nsa, police, etc.
    But we do need to amp them up a bit, we have a lot of drug related crimes here as well.
    Things like those elaborate drug smuggling tunnels from Mexico don't help things at all.

A strong military is never a bad thing. Especially with the way the world is now, everything seems to be going down the drain, everywhere.
    I'd like to have a strong military force should the worst happen. We have arguably the best military in the world, but there is always room for improvement.
    A strong army requires sources daily. If you don't use the army, then they're sources that could have been spent on other things.

We're not in a war, so I don't see why the USA would expand their army.

As for what I've readed in different sources and opinions, I prefer Obama just because Romney seems to me like the typical racist american.
    Once again, I'm just saying my opinion from what I've readed. I don't personally know what Obama/Romney have done or proposed, other than what I've readed
    Selling Almost Any NC item!

Selling Balthazars Bag of Bottled Faeries - $150

Selling SEVERAL EPIC Main Accounts and Robotification Zappermajigs!!

Custom NeoPoint Orders? PM me!
    Selling Shells, $2 each :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Obama.

Economic policy: Not perfect, but at least it's more concise than Romney's. With the addition of Paul Ryan, Romney's economic plan started to form in a Reagan-esque manner, something that even former Reagan adivsor(s) feel will not work in the present day - our interest rates are too low.

Women's rights: Romney and his "binders full of women" among other comments, policy on abortion, etc, just don't sit well with me. You can compare Obama and Romney's general comments about women and even their relationship to their wives and see the difference.

Birth Control, Abortion: pro-choice is NOT about forcing teens, rape victims, etc. to get abortions. It's giving them the CHOICE. And I think women should be able to decide what happens with their bodies.

Same-sex Marriage: See above. I can go on and on about this if you want to argue with me elsewhere, but same-sex marriage is a choice, not a requirement. Marriage is in fact a financial and legal institution and should thus be extended to all citizens (hell, even the worst of criminals are still allowed to marry.)

Foreign policy: Obama is much better received than Romney and with an increasingly co-dependent international community, cooperation is what we need.

Military spending: If you think we need to spend MORE on the military right now I don't want what you're smoking. Our expenditures are equivalent to 41% of the world's total.
    gr8

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to derpherpherp For This Useful Post:

DarkAngel (11-08-2012),Lucy (11-09-2012),Maximus Prime (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    5d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I'm seeing a lot of stuff claimed against Romney that is hard for him to deal with. He's mormon he was brought up through the church and through those values. It explains a lot of his views and its hard for him to change them. I personally love mormon people. They have a lot of things right but yes a lot of things are outdated. I grew up in one of the larger mormon communities in southern California and these were by far the nicest people I knew.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I couldn't im australian

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    59/0
    Mentioned
    115 times
    Time Online
    14d 9h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    In the End it seriously doesn't matter who you voted for because Barack Obama is now the president. While we might not agree and while foreigners love to have their say on American Politics as they have said they knew nothing about it's done. I am just hoping the president elect doesn't fuck us so up that the market doesn't crash and millions more people who are out of work (it's more than 7.8% due to those who have given up or have been booted out from the unemployment sector of the government paycheck.) My belief is that you don't spend money to lower debt. You cut reckless spending like government activities that are for testing whale sperm or outrageous shit like that. And just to note this one thing to what a person said above. That Romney is the typical American Racist. Don't pass judgement on someone you personally don't know. I don't know the man (Same with the president) so I'm not going to hate.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jager For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (11-08-2012),runbikesurf (11-08-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    1d 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Obama. Neither of them have me particularly inspired, but I will NEVER vote for a candidate who is opposed to marriage equality and women's rights.