DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I honestly don't see what anybody could see in Obama.
    We gave him a shot, he hasn't really done anything too impressive with the past four years.
    I know it's essentially impossible to fix the debt in four years, but you would think there would be at least SOME improvement instead of everything going even further downhill.
    Kinda scared for these next four years.
    He doesn't have to answer to the voters, so his blatant disregard for the constitution and other governing laws will only continue.
    Let's see if he can show a little competency this time around.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

3. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

runbikesurf (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I personally would have rather had Romney, and I pulled very strongly for him, but I'm actually excited to see what Obama is going to do now that he doesn't have to answer to voters. Too much of his first term was focused on social things and P.R. and not the economy. I'll give him a shot.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank12 View Post
    I personally would have rather had Romney, and I pulled very strongly for him, but I'm actually excited to see what Obama is going to do now that he doesn't have to answer to voters. Too much of his first term was focused on social things and P.R. and not the economy. I'll give him a shot.
    Well I'm kinda scared at the same time.
    If he doesn't have to answer to the voters.. he doesn't have to necessarily do the right thing either.
    He has done so much that he shouldn't have, like taking foreign donations for his campaign, holding fundraisers in the white house, etc etc.
    It will be interesting for sure.
    I just wish more people would have voted based off of the issues.
    TONS of people I talked to said they just voted for him because and had no idea what his views were or what his plans were. Sheep.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I cannot remember if I heard this on TV or I read it somewhere on the net but they were saying Romney had an uphill battle after some of the comments he made in the election process as well as his other Republican members who made some questionable comments about abortion, I heard one about evolution being absurd (or something along those lines), and other extreme comments. Those comments painted a negative picture quite quickly and people were influenced by those extreme comments even if Romney himself did not support what was being said. The fact that party members said those things diminished Romney's chances was the summary of it all and I tend to believe that even though I am not even American.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    I cannot remember if I heard this on TV or I read it somewhere on the net but they were saying Romney had an uphill battle after some of the comments he made in the election process as well as his other Republican members who made some questionable comments about abortion, I heard one about evolution being absurd (or something along those lines), and other extreme comments. Those comments painted a negative picture quite quickly and people were influenced by those extreme comments even if Romney himself did not support what was being said. The fact that party members said those things diminished Romney's chances was the summary of it all and I tend to believe that even though I am not even American.
    Yeah you could definitely tell that lots of members of the media were for Obama.
    One thing that comes to mind in particular was like you said, Romneys view on abortion.
    He said he was opposed to it, but said he thought it should be up to the states. And he was also criticized for his apparent comments on gay couples not being able to adopt.
    But he is quoted multiple times saying that he thought that was definitely one of the rights he thoughts states could grant.

Both candidates said things that hurt them a little bit. For Obama, the worst was probably when he said that if you own a business, you didn't build that, the government did.
    I have a few friends who own businesses and all of them thought that was a load of shit lol

Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    5d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    The media has has a huge liberal bias for the past probably ~20 years thats not a surprise. It gets the sheep to vote based on what they hear and not what they know. I couldn't get a straight answer out of any obama supporters I was "arguing" with last night. I also cant figure out what the hell people see in Obama. People always talk about the "Bush Mess". I honestly cant figure out what the hell this supposed mess he created it. Sure both Bush Sr. and Jr. Weren't the greatest presidents but they did not create a huge mess all these "liberals" talk about.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to runbikesurf For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (11-07-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Yeah I got the same thing while I was trying to argue the issue with Obama supporters at work the past few months really.
    They had the news on in the break room and some of the black people were laughing and talking shit about how (I think it was) 65% of whites voted for Obama.
    They always bitch about how I only voted for Romney since he was white.
    Then it switched and showed how 93% of blacks voted for Obama... nobody said a thing. It was pretty damn hillarious to say the least! xD

I guess people really don't think for themselves anymore.