So let me start off by saying that I know very little about computers. At least as far as anything important...I guess. lol.
But, being in college and having this wide selection of classes...why not, right?

However, I'd like to take a class but I don't want to go in there and end up being completely lost and not knowing what I'm doing.

So there's this class which is completely full now but here's the description. This is the most basic class-

CIS 110 - C01 Computer Info Process

Surveys the need for, and roles of, computer information systems in contemporary society. Designed to satisfy the need of students from every discipline to be computer literate, and provides the necessary basis for further computer-related studies. Emphasizes computer requirements in organizations, history, hardware concepts, programming, application software, systems development, and computer operations.

And here's another class which doesn't have a prereq or anything but I don't want to consider taking it if there's no chance of me being able to learn.

CIS 202 - C02 Intro Prog And Algo

Introduces algorithms and translation of algorithms into a programming language. Student will create algorithms and computer programs that implement those algorithms. Will learn programming language syntax and programming fundamentals including variables, input and output, arithmetic and logical operations, control flow (sequence, selection, iteration), file access and modular development. Computer language used may change over time, but an example language would be C# (C Sharp).

So, would I be able to benefit from taking the Intro to Prog and Algo class or should I wait until next year and take the first class?