Thread: Anyone joining NaNoWriMo this year?

City of Evil
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Time Online
    7 d 19 h 52 m
    Avg. Time Online
    5 m

Anyone joining NaNoWriMo this year?

Because I could use another writing buddy to get me through the month!

"National Novel Writing Month (also known as NaNoWriMo /ˌnćnoʊˈraɪmoʊ/ na-noh-RY-moh) is an annual internet-based creative writing project which challenges participants to write 50,000 words of a new novel between November 1 and 30. Despite its name it accepts entries from around the world.

The project started in July 1999 with just 21 participants, but by the 2010 event over 200,000 people took part – writing a total of over 2.8 billion words.[2]

Writers wishing to participate first register on the project's website, where they can post profiles and information about their novels, including synopsis and excerpts. Word counts are validated on the site, with writers submitting a copy of their novel for automatic counting. Municipal leaders and regional forums help connect local writers with one another for holding writing events and to provide encouragement.

There was also an associated script-writing challenge in April called Script Frenzy. This event was cancelled after its 2012 run due to declining participation.[3]"

9th circle of Hell
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Time Online
    10 d 5 h 45 m
    Avg. Time Online
    7 m
    Ahhh I wanna join so bad. I've known about it for a while but haven't had the guts to start it. ): Plus I'm actually taking intermediate fiction writing this semester so I don't think I could do both at the same time lol. @.@

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 d 17 h 51 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 m
    A friend has done it for two years and has encouraged me to. I don't know why. I don't think I'm a writer at all, so I think he just wants a writing buddy, too. Do you have any ideas about what you'll write about this year?

City of Evil
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Time Online
    7 d 19 h 52 m
    Avg. Time Online
    5 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Ahhh I wanna join so bad. I've known about it for a while but haven't had the guts to start it. ): Plus I'm actually taking intermediate fiction writing this semester so I don't think I could do both at the same time lol. @.@
    I'm gonna be combining it with a 32hour fulltime job ... you can do it!

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Richy View Post
    A friend has done it for two years and has encouraged me to. I don't know why. I don't think I'm a writer at all, so I think he just wants a writing buddy, too. Do you have any ideas about what you'll write about this year?
    Yeah, I'll post a summary of it later. And it's always nice to have someone to talk to. It'll be my first year, but I can guess it's intense. Comes down to 1666 words a day. 30 days in a row. While I make working days of 10 hours sometimes...

9th circle of Hell
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Time Online
    10 d 5 h 45 m
    Avg. Time Online
    7 m
    Whoa that's intense, you go sister!

I think it also helps that you already have an idea, it seems? xD My second short story is due soon for fiction writing and I have no idea what to do. ):

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 d 17 h 51 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 m
    Well, I'm sure you've read about different strategies, but my friend kept giving me this tip: It's National Write a Novel Month, not National Edit/Produce a Novel Month - he says to just put down whatever you can think of even if you know it's crap as you're writing it, and if you like your material, you can go back and edit the bad stuff in December