Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Full Metal Alchemist, or Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    206/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    20d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

or both lol

PM Me if you want help with something! : (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    FMA Brotherhood is actually the way the story was suppose to go as written by the original writer. The writer of FMA was actually approached and her series was purchased and aired before she finished writing it. The unfinished series was aired as FMA but after she finished it was reaired as FMA Brotherhood. I liked the FMA series but you can tell it was loaded down with changes to make the series more "appealing". I actually prefer Brotherhood because you get to know more about the characters all of the dept wasn't cut out for marketing reasons.
    Last edited by Meddek; 07-30-2013 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Misspelled Series.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I adore how Brotherhood is actually what the writer had planned, and goes more into detail with everything.
    Not to mention that there are more areas than essentially just central...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    I watched both and Brotherhood was way better.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    7d 22h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Its Brotherhood ftw!

Reasons because:
    1 - Based on the original manga(comic) and presents more on the development of the characters. It has a better ending too, than the original one.

2 - FMA Brotherhood has better fight scenes than the original FMA. Since Brotherhood introduces more characters, the nature of their fight scenes actually vary from dramatic, serious, to downright funny. Original FMA on the other hand has just pure seriousness in their fight scenes, which is actually just a few. Cool characters like Roy Mustang never had a good fight scene in the original FMA.
    On Brotherhood, you get to see the awesome sniping skill of Lt. Hawkeye and Mustang's skills is really put to good use.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    509 times
    Time Online
    43d 16h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Brotherhood.

FMA is my all time favorite anime/manga series. I love both of the animes, but Brotherhood wins.

The original series was a little sloppy, and the storyline was jaded. They basically noticed how popular the manga was when it was being released, that they hurried to get an anime out, too. And so it was rushed, and it didn't match up with the manga. However, that doesn't make it awful. Because it was still good!

However, Brotherhood was better. A lot of time was put into it, and it wasn't rushed. Due to the high demand of a version of FMA being released based off of the manga, it gained much more popularity. Not only that, but they kept the same voice actors, for the most part, and they stayed true to the manga exceptionally well. Most animes based off of a manga tend to have a lot of detail cut out, and it can be a little choppy, but Brotherhood is very smooth and very detailed. There's very few parts of the manga story that was left out in Brotherhood.

I also will agree with @(you need an account to see links). The fight scenes in the original compared to Brotherhood are very different. The original's were not bad, but Brotherhood's were phenomenal. The utilization of the different characters and their skills were used to their utmost potential in Brotherhood. Things like that are important and matter to viewers. Especially big fans like myself.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    5d 12h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    As a person whose seen both, I'd say it really depends on you- they're both really great though. If you plan on only watching one, I'd definitely say watch Brotherhood, though. Both the original and Brotherhood start out pretty similarly, so keep that in mind if you plan on watching both.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I never saw the first serie but I loved Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. I've been told the first serie doesn't follow the manga. Is it good ?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    23d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I liked Brotherhood MUCH better. The plot was more thorough and I preferred the artists style.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I enjoy both. Both have a different ending suiting each story. But FMA Brotherhood is just.. the best anime on earth. It's so good!
    I wish I could rewatch the episodes like it was the first time. I love this anime so much. <3