14/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    20d 18h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    found this on a blog:

"Conceptualizing suicide as a “selfish act” sends the message that people somehow “owe it” to their loved ones to stay alive despite immense emotional pain. When you say that suicide is “selfish,” you’re implying–even if you don’t mean to–that the individual’s pain, as well as their potential to improve, isn’t what matters. What matters is how they’ll make the people around them feel."

& i agree.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy For This Useful Post:

Ana (10-15-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    No one would give a shit if she wasn't an attractive white girl, but hey, thats the society we live in.

(you need an account to see links)

It is also not restricted to 'missing people'. Over one million people die by suicide every year and atleast 5% would be due to some sort of abuse whether it be physical/emotional in a relationship or from bullying or workplace harrassment.

I agree with you.

People can simply, delete their facebook account and get off the friggen net and if the authorities don't act...go to another authority. This person was obviously close to have access to all her friends details as well. Wouldn't have been that hard to figure it out. Move to a school with a zero-tolerance bully policy. Whilst it might not be entirely here fault after she was psychologically damaged her parents should have intervened to a greater extent.... People are just..not stupid but don't think about other ways to handle situations...

People die at their own hand everyday though...its their choice.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    32d 6h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    She was only 15. And I know probably most of you are like, oh yeah so what, but I remember being 15 and doing really stupid things and feeling really awful about it and letting the thought of suicide cross my mind. I'm far too fond of myself for that but still. Some things are just easier said than done.

DER HUMPINK

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    457 times
    Time Online
    55d 22h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Because that hurts everyone you ever known and love, and is the easy way out. I have no problem saying that people who commited suicide are selfish, terrible cunts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisuke View Post
    ^This put what I was trying to express into words. Suicide is just a selfish act you shouldn't do it regardless of how bad the situation is. Unless say your slowly bleeding to death and no one is around or some shit like that.
    Having been affected by suicide recently in my life, yes it does hurt. But that does not mean that they were selfish or terrible. It's their life. Calling them selfish implies that they has some sort of job towards those around them that their life is devoted to. Their existence does not revolve around making others happy. Everyone makes different decisions in their lives, and sometimes they choose suicide. It is not for the people who observe to make judgements on the choices. If you don't know the full story to a person's life, then you have no idea what you would do in their shoes. Do I wish those who commit suicide would choose another path? Yes. But calling them selfish and terrible is unwarranted.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ana For This Useful Post:

Frank12 (10-16-2012),J_L_K_64 (10-16-2012),Lucy (10-17-2012)

Pronouns
    He / Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    232 times
    Time Online
    65d 6h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I watched this video a couple of days ago, while being affected by it, I kept thinking: Why didn't she delete her FB

Pronouns
    Flor/Fleur
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    45d 8h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    As much as you hate someone, you should NEVER bully them for their personal or physical appearance. I know. My best friend killed herself because she was somewhat ugly to people and overweight. I didn't care. She still was nice on the inside. But this goes to show that you can still hurt people over the internet. My cousin was also humiliated online by people she thought liked her. They also lied about her and made everyone hate her. People also should never go to the extent of killing themselves. People do love them even though they think they don't.

But then again, don't post your shit on the net if you don't want them to do shit to you.
    Last edited by Daffodil; 10-16-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Anonymous' Identiy Configuration

Amanda Todd's Punisher

Extorted amanda todd for pictures. This is the pedophile that social engineered Amanda Todd into supplying him nude pictures.

Identity: Kody Maxson
    Online Username: kody1206
    Birthdate 1980, age 30

Video:

Hes fucked....
    Last edited by DarkByte; 10-16-2012 at 08:11 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkByte For This Useful Post:

kooldude888 (10-16-2012),Lucy (10-17-2012)

Pronouns
    Flor/Fleur
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    45d 8h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Lol the video got removed due to violation, harassment etc.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    5d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    No one would give a shit if she wasn't an attractive white girl, but hey, thats the society we live in.
    Thank you for posting this I came here to do just that. Sure it's unfortunate for a young and pretty girl to do this but based on the decisions she made why is garnering so much attention.