DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    8d 22h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    @(you need an account to see links) Definitely, everyone has had their hard times. I experienced deppression during high school and withdrew myself from my peers and was even shunned by the group of friends I had had since middle school. It was my fault for making an initial mistake (not unlike the girl) but my friends had overreacted as well. Things are so much BIGGER for teens, even though years later they will look back and see it wasn't such a big deal. I know what it is like to panic and go through social anxiety, and want to resort to drugs and alcohol. I'm sure lots of people do. The girl Amanda Todd just had it harder on her in terms of her inability to work her way out and to cope. Also I've looked into it and it seems she was sleeping around a lot with older men and things like that. I'm wondering what her parents were even doing for her.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    1d 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    No one would give a shit if she wasn't an attractive white girl, but hey, thats the society we live in.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eggy For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (10-15-2012),J_L_K_64 (10-14-2012),Kenji (10-17-2012),maksimilian (10-14-2012),Meagan (10-14-2012),runbikesurf (10-17-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    59/0
    Mentioned
    115 times
    Time Online
    14d 9h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    It shouldn't matter race or age. Being a teenager is a hard enough time as it is. I feel absolutely horrible for her. She didn't need to take the "easy" way out and end her life but I didn't know her, I didn't know exactly what she went through but I can sympathize. Being Bullied now-a-days is cruel and can break a person and it should stop but I doubt it will. For her to take drugs and to resort to drinking bleach, I would've thought her parents would've tried to help her but like I said before. We don't know what they did or didn't do. The video is absolutely haunting and it's a shame to lose another teen to suicide. Love people, don't discriminate or hate. That's what we should be promoting.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jager For This Useful Post:

John (10-15-2012)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I don't have all that much sympathy for this chick, but I guess I'm just a heartless bitch.

Obviously I don't know the full scope of this but between that pic a few posts up and the video, she made some really stupid mistakes where the blame is all on her. "Started going on webcam and talking to people" and willingly flashed (and possibly more) the internet; honestly how dumb can you be. And sleeping with a dude even though he "has a girlfriend"? "I thought he really liked me"? Jesus christ. Just because someone might like you that's NO reason to hook up with someone, especially when you're what, 13-15? Again, Jesus fucking christ. Call me old fashioned or whatever but fuck the young generations of empty headed nitwits who do shit like this. Getting into drugs and alcohol; I'm exceptionally straight edged but I have tons of friends who party and such. They can control themselves just fine; another reason why very young minors should be especially restricted from accessing such stuff. They're dumb as fuck. And suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Good for her if she was getting counseling and help, but she should have moved states completely and gone offline for a long while. Everyone is a teenager at some point and goes through rough patches. Don't play the victim as if the entire world is out to get you when you put yourself in that position to begin with. Aren't there mental institutions/psychiatric and therapy hospitals teenagers can stay at? Some isolation and therapy in said seclusion probably could have done wonders for her. As much as I hope she was, I bet she wasn't punched or beaten up either.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (10-15-2012),J_L_K_64 (10-14-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    319 times
    Time Online
    4d 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    i dunno bout you guise, but i'm on board with the negative nancy bandwagon

obviously she was desperate for any type of attention, which she got, and obviously she shouldn't of been messing around with guys older than her, which she did, and obviously she shouldn't have been owning/operating a webcam, which she did

in the end, she made her choices, they may or may not have been the correct ones, and everyone makes bad decisions, but she decided to take the permanent/easy way out instead of dealing with the consequences of her decisions, and for me, that's basically the end of the story for this poor young soul
    just report it and ignore it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    18h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    No one would give a shit if she wasn't an attractive white girl, but hey, thats the society we live in.
    Now that's really sad. People are nowadays brainless. People are often yelling blabberish without thinking. Yeah, Mrs. Todd's story was (sad), but it's her fault. The video is clearly hiding someone because you never suicide or get bullied in such a shape just because you "flashed your boos once". Something else was clearly going on.

I don't even realise why people are being so supportive towards her. Be fine to support, yeah, she had horrible parents and bad childhood, but that doesn't mean she was an "hero or ultimate beautiful girl" just because she died. and what is a 7 years old involving in that.

So long.
    Last edited by maksimilian; 10-14-2012 at 08:14 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to maksimilian For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (10-15-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Yo guys, whats with all the hating?

I don't care who it is, or whatever the situation. Bullying is not something that is race dependent, gender dependent, or ethically dependent. Every race, gender, and ethnic group gets bullied

I suffered from some serious depression for a few years related to some girlfriend issues, and it turned into bullying from some other kids. I almost killed myself too...don't underestimate the effect immature mistakes can have on people, in any way or form.

Come on the board to sympathize, but try not to come on here and act like you knew the girl, or what she went through. If you have something negative, keep it to yourself guys. Suicide and depression are really serious things.

And if you have never dealt with depression, don't presume to speak as if you understand it in the slightest. The feeling of being worthless, alone, scared, and tortured inside isn't something you can just feel vicariously through words.

Edit: By the way, get your Shania Gray facts right. That little picture above is pretty misleading.
    Last edited by Frank12; 10-14-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Add something

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frank12 For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (10-15-2012),John (10-15-2012),Kenji (10-17-2012),kooldude888 (10-16-2012)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Whoa whoa whoa no one here (correct me if I'm mistaken LOL) is advocating or condoning bullying at all. Shit I personally go out of my way to remind everyone I talk to on the internet that there are people on the other ends of the wires and plugs.

Trust me, I've dealt with bullying and depression myself. The latter pretty damn recently and it can be foreseen in my immediate future as well. I barely know anyone who HASN'T been affected by such things. Yeah there are a lot of people who seem to be unaffected by anything and well put together -- we recognize those people as mentally/emotionally stronger than ourselves, is all.

If there's one thing I've learned to carry with me it's that how irrational human beings are and how much small things can affect someone. Never assume that someone is as stable/mentally sound as you are, especially if you are an insensitive person (like myself). I have to be careful about the things I say around certain people because they don't have as thick skins as I do.

My malicious words/uncaring attitude towards Amanda Todd is solely my opinion and I will take responsibility/stand by it. I have 0 tolerance for girls who are loose (esp on internet) and don't have good morals. While not on the same scale as her I have definitely been through my own trials but again, I am SMART enough to keep my ass out of such compromising situations. As such, I care not a whit for her shortcomings. Yes it's sad that her parents sucked and she was misguided but hey, that's why I'm pledging a sorority whose philanthropy is to promote women empowerment and stop violence against women.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (10-15-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    1d 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Of course bullying is bullshit. I've delt with depression. Have I considered my killing myself? Sure.

But I didn't do it, you know why? Because that hurts everyone you ever known and love, and is the easy way out. I have no problem saying that people who commited suicide are selfish, terrible cunts.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggy For This Useful Post:

Daisuke (10-14-2012),goldentryst (10-15-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 19h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    Of course bullying is bullshit. I've delt with depression. Have I considered my killing myself? Sure.

But I didn't do it, you know why? Because that hurts everyone you ever known and love, and is the easy way out. I have no problem saying that people who commited suicide are selfish, terrible cunts.
    ^This put what I was trying to express into words. Suicide is just a selfish act you shouldn't do it regardless of how bad the situation is. Unless say your slowly bleeding to death and no one is around or some shit like that.