Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: perma-silenced with no reason, no post, no board reference - likelihood that i'll get un-silenced?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    can't be, at any given point in time on the PC there are 10 giveaway boards with posts like that almost verbatim. op posts, too. :T

Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    3d 2h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

perma-silenced with no reason, no post, no board reference - likelihood that i'll get un-silenced?

The reason was because the fact that you said it was your birthday and doing a giveaway. Those two are positively correlated with one another. For example. Since your giving away your pet, people will try to gift you stuff in order to have better hopes of getting the pet you are given away. Why? So you get a better liking to them and they assume that they have better chances. Now that was just one person. If 100 people were on the board, you would be getting FREE items from 100 different accounts.

Neopets just assumed this an opportunity that your taking advantage of by saying that's its ur birthday, followed up by that your giving away a pet

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HolyTrinity For This Useful Post:

J_L_K_64 (10-16-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    8d 22h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyTrinity View Post
    The reason was because the fact that you said it was your birthday and doing a giveaway. Those two are positively correlated with one another. For example. Since your giving away your pet, people will try to gift you stuff in order to have better hopes of getting the pet you are given away. Why? So you get a better liking to them and they assume that they have better chances. Now that was just one person. If 100 people were on the board, you would be getting FREE items from 100 different accounts.

Neopets just assumed this an opportunity that your taking advantage of by saying that's its ur birthday, followed up by that your giving away a pet
    That's actually a really good point, and likely the cause.
    TNT really hates it when they think someone is trying to be sly in getting free stuff, even when they aren't.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    319 times
    Time Online
    4d 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    which is what i was trying to infer
    just report it and ignore it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    8d 22h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    @(you need an account to see links) Oops, didn't see your post on the 1st page since I went to Last Post. You were right though.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    i don't think it warrants a perma-silence; and i see PLENTY of people announcing it's their birthday and giving away pets. :T either way, i wasn't breaking any rules so i'm going to fight tooth and nail to get my shit back.

especially because i pay for it.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    3d 2h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by tipsyGnostalgic View Post
    i don't think it warrants a perma-silence; and i see PLENTY of people announcing it's their birthday and giving away pets. :T either way, i wasn't breaking any rules so i'm going to fight tooth and nail to get my shit back.

especially because i pay for it.
    Just because you pay for it, doesn't give you a higher authority so you can ask for free stuff. The birthday mention basically gives out the message to everyone that "Oh we should give her something, so it might increase our chances"

But i agree, I dont think what you did deserves you a perma silence. If I were neopets, I'd just give you a temporary silence

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    8d 22h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Yeah if it was your first offense they really should have given you just a warning or temp. Silence at most. I made a board notifying people that I was quitting and that the paint brushes in my lot were free. I did give them away, and of course since I'm quitting I have nothing to gain. Yet they still gave me a "friendly warning." TNT is strange haha

10. The Following User Says Thank You to goldentryst For This Useful Post:

HolyTrinity (10-17-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    i sent in a really lengthy and intelligent ticket explaining exactly what happened, so hopefully i'll actually get a reply to that :?

it was bs to perma-silence my side, too; especially since all the post was was basically 'still gifting pets'

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    looking at a birthday board right now :T still waiting for the help center to stop being a piece of shit (anyone else notice that? how it completely sucks all the time if you've actually submitted a ticket?) and at least SHOW my submitted ticket...