Neolib is an in-depth and robust Python library designed to assist programmers in creating programs which automate mundane tasks on the popular browser based game, Neopets. The goal of Neolib is to objectify Neopets by translating it's many objects and tasks into classes and functions that represent them.
Project URL: https://github.com/jmgilman/Neolib
Project Owner: firstname.lastname@example.org (AliasXNeo, Alias)
Repository Type: Git
Python Version: 3.2.3
Current Team Members
- Alias (Project Leader)
- Git for Windows (includes GUI): http://msysgit.github.com/
- Official book on Git: http://git-scm.com/book
- Getting started with GitHub: https://github.com/s...Getting-Started
- Documenting Python: http://docs.python.o...ocumenting.html
- 21 Sep - Now that the base has been laid, Neolib is now open source again!
- By joining you will be participating in a project that directly helps Clraik
- Participation in the project will teach you important concepts that can help develop your skills as a programmer. These include version control, documentation, and all the little things you learn by interacting with other programmers in a project environment
- Your contributions will help several programmers!
Before you join
- Please checkout the repository from Github and spend time reviewing the code including any recent commits.
- If you have any questions please feel free to contact a project member or join #neolib on Freenode and talk to someone in there.
- Ensure to review any open issues and enhancements and check the wiki for amplifying information
- Please understand that this project is running under Python 2.7.3. If you don't know what that means, please figure it out.
- If you have never used Git, please use the above links to educate yourself prior to joining the project. It is vital you understand how Git works as it differs from it's counterparts like subversion.
- Once you have completed the above steps, and thoroughly reviewed the project, then please submit an application (format shown below) via PM to me (alias).
Feel free to post your feelings, concerns, and/or broad questions below :p
- Name (First name):
- Programming experience in years:
- Proficient languages:
- Experience with Python in years:
- Have you ever used Git? If not, have you since learned how?
- Have you ever been apart of a project like this? Explain.
- Why do you want to join the project?
- Any amplifying information?
Last edited by AliasXNeo; 10-05-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Interesting concept for sure.
Do you have a more well known username on another site?
I did a lot of programming about 6 years ago when my username was known a lot more (I've made at least one of every popular program type, including a premium MAB I sold). I have since returned to the programming scene for another bout
I don't really have much to brag with since it's all long gone. However, here's some sample code of the latest version of the library (0.2):
That's an example of the user end. For the developer end, here's a sample:
That's the code for the UserInventory class __init__() method.
If I wasn't so busy with school and my own projects I have going I would definitely join in on this.
Well anyways, for those that are interested just shoot me a PM. It's currently hosted on a private Github repo at the moment. The base has been laid and focus is currently on expanding the object base (currently supports the basics like inventory, user shops, shop wizard, SDB, etc.).
Hopefully you saved everything you had updated the first post to?