6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

The Amanda Todd Story

This is pretty fucked up. Morals of the story, never do anything you don't want to do, never put anything on the internet you don't want to be seen, and treat others how you want to be treated. Her young death is a tragedy and bullying is a horrible thing that needs to stop. Also girls, don't post pics, unless you don't mind having everyone see them.
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

Kenji (10-13-2012),kooldude888 (10-16-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    9d 16h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I'm losing hope in humanity and feel sorry for her, just can't believe this is happenned to someone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenji For This Useful Post:

maksimilian (10-13-2012)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Although this is extremely upsetting and sad, she went the wrong route after the depression and anxiety attacks hit her... Should have looked for help instead of turning to drugs and alcohol.. I think that's really her downfall.

Edit: Okay so I continued watching and it gets worse. This is truly a sad ending. :/
    Last edited by j03; 10-13-2012 at 10:34 PM.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    9d 16h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    where are her parents, the authorities? She asked for help 1 month ago, did someone helped her?

At least police should try to track the blackmailer FB ip.
    Last edited by Kenji; 10-13-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    18h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I heard of it a couple of days ago. It's sad, but it's a life lesson. You have to start to respect your own body, otherwise others will never respect you. I still do not understand why all her friends left her for a stupid reason. Aha! I showed my boobs on the internet! That's as bad as killing someone! Ridiculous friendships, the true ones should be there at anytime no matter what.

It's a depressed teen, there are million out there, but her story is rather sad. I have a friend who's under depression and has anxiety, but we both know that the way to fix it is not with suicide. It's the cowards way. She could of lived 70 years, not only 15. So what you have to do? First of, be mature over the Internet. It's a cold and evil place, morals are left only to a few people.

I am not trying to attack this innocent girl, but some parts of the story is false. You would NEVER get bullied in this form because some guy posted a picture of some boobs, claiming to be hers. You would not get punched in the face for such a thing. It's sad, she got bullied, got depressed and suicided. Thousands of teens do it each month, but I highly doubt it's because of the reason. I still can't believe that she changed school; she got extreme harrasment; she was physically punched, why? Because some guy posted a picture of a pair of boobs (and if her face was in the photo, couldn't it be just edited? Do people nowadays don't think?). It is either something too amazing, or the story has holes.

Refer to (you need an account to see links) (+18 content in the bottom of the page) who mocked 4chan and in return the community leaked all her nude photos and videos stored in a webcam pay-per-view show site. So yeah, she lost her job, got humilliated in the Internet, and between familiars as even his own father! was sent the pictures and the leaked content. This girl is still alive, perhaps got a new job, and is still living the life with her boyfriend.

So let me end as, while it's a sad and tragedy loss, I'm still not convinced she suicided for this reason. She had the parents there, and did not look for help before trying to do a stupid action. My way of thinking.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to maksimilian For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (10-14-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1096/0
    Mentioned
    213 times
    Time Online
    59d 13h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    They had a fb like page that reached over 100k Already

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by fairydust201 View Post
    They had a fb like page that reached over 100k Already
    100k on fb is nothing. what's the point of this post.
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by maksimilian View Post
    boobs, claiming to be hers.

Actually, unfortunately, I've seen the pictures. I was on the R.I.P Amanda FB page, and they actually have the pictures posted several times. I've reported all the ones I saw, and only 2 have been deleted so far... Anyways, her face is in the photo's. There is no way to mistake if it's her or not.

Many people get bullied for less, and at 14, that's a huge mistake to make. She wasn't innocent, or perfect, no. But she tried to start over, numerous times. She tried taking the meds she needed to help her. She shouldn't have gone the drugs route, no, but people should have just left her alone after she left. Why follow her and track her down and make her life a living hell?

Kids are cruel, don't ever under-estimate them

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PrincessParker For This Useful Post:

John (10-15-2012),maksimilian (10-14-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    8d 22h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    @(you need an account to see links) She was just 15 so it's not like she was going to go with the strictly logical route. That age is around when teens experience identity crisis, and with all her peers calling her names or hurting her like that, it's not hard to believe that she believed herself to be worthless and just eventually gave up on the world. A person's mind at that stage in life is so tender and impressionable, it's almost dangerous.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    18h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by goldentryst View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) She was just 15 so it's not like she was going to go with the strictly logical route. That age is around when teens experience identity crisis, and with all her peers calling her names or hurting her like that, it's not hard to believe that she believed herself to be worthless and just eventually gave up on the world. A person's mind at that stage in life is so tender and impressionable, it's almost dangerous.
    I understand, it differs from person to person. I have a friend who has abusive parents (between them, and not towards him) as in domestic violence, drug and alcohol abuse, got bullied, and feels lonely during his whole life, recuring to cut himself. But at the age of 17, he's earning confidence and trying to not commit his worst mistake, very slowly, but he did something. Anxiety attacks now and then, but yeah. Even myself was a victim of bullying.

What if there was someone for her? A family member or a friend to help her?
    My point is that everyone should be stronger and not give up so easily. There are people who have been through much more, MUCH more! because there's always something better for you in the life! If she waited a bit more, then everyone would probably forget! How much did she suffer? Three years, at most? Unfortunately it's too late for her. She did a decision for accepting other people's bullshi*. Blame the hormones and the immature teenagers.

I'm really amazed how much she did and negative experiences, nonetheless. The depression must been really deep.
    Last edited by maksimilian; 10-14-2012 at 01:28 AM.