Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The don't ask don't tell policy. The truth from a REAL veteran.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGamer View Post
    @(you need an account to see links), I'm only 14 and id die before I went to war for someone else's greediness, I honestly have no problem with homosexuals that are in the war being open with their sexual orientation, they are perfectly fine, if you are offended by them than GTFO they have every right to be there, I have some really good friends that are gay/ bi-sexual, and than I greatly consider @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links) my uncles because they are AMAZING people and there is nothing wrong with them, also I find it HORRIBLE that they mention "God" in almost every political/government/state job/ "pledge of allegiance" I do not even do that pledge of allegiance in school and they can no longer force you to, because sorry if I affend anyone but personally I do not believe in "God" and it disgusts me that it automatically autocorrects it to proper spelling, guess what I am trying to say is if you honestly think that is how the military should be ran than not only should you run out mid battle and get shells rained on you or someone with a sniper rifle is about to take your head off but I hope that you do run out there and someone pulls you back and that guy just so happens to be a homosexual, and just because of that one act of kindness from someone who is a homosexual, that would completely change your mind on them, because if he hadn't saved you than you would not be able to go back to your family, if you had one, which I HIGHLY doubt because people like you don't deserve loving families
    I rest my case for now....

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Edit: just remembered, turned 15 today.....
    Military efficiency and success is largely due to troop cohesion, morale, camaraderie ... it's not that the straight soldiers believe that the gay soldiers wouldn't save them in the heat of battle, it's just a lot of them don't feel the same bond they have with someone who is openly gay as they do with fellow straight soldiers, for at least the fact that they share common sexuality (and talk about beautiful women/girlfriend/wife). On top of that, of course, there are lots of homophobes in the army as there is everywhere. Letting gays be open in the army can put them in real danger as a result. DADT isn't as homophobic as it is practical, I believe.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

@(you need an account to see links) why don't men and women share a public shower if it's just a shower? It isn't an orgy but people are naked.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to archon_johnz For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (09-07-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Because there are many more men than women who cannot control themselves, putting the women in danger. Female sex offenders total less than 6% of the sex offender population ((you need an account to see links)). Not surprisingly, a majority of sexual assault cases involving LGBT people involve a STRAIGHT person assaulting the GAY person ((you need an account to see links)).

So let's not make the gay people out to be the ones unable to control themselves.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Riku For This Useful Post:

badalfy07 (01-16-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) I didn't say gays cannot control themselves (or base any of my argument from the gay point of view). I said that there is likely a significant number of straight male soldiers uncomfortable being in that situation, much like a female would be uncomfortable naked 2 meters from a potentially horny straight male. The fact that most sex offenders are male doesn't refute my argument based on an all-male shower. As well, the claim that most sexual assault causes are by a straight person assaulting a gay person does not refute the merit of DADT in protecting gays.

You can say all day that there's a lot of homophobes and they're all morons and assholes, but the more that is true (in the army), the more DADT is needed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to archon_johnz For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (09-07-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Of course fem and male quarters should be segregated. I don't want to shower and sleep with a bunch of men, especially if I've had a bad experience with men, nor do I want to go into a shower shared by men because guess what, showering with a bunch of penises is not my most relaxing shower. There is nothing wrong with men of any sexuality using the same facilities - it sounds to me that you dont want gays to use the same facilities as you because you think they are going to check you out and that makes you uncomfortable? I don't think that's how they roll. I have a feeling they aren't attracted to people who openly jeer them.

And I'm sorry, accusations of sexual harassment/rape? If you aren't responsible enough to control your sexual urges you shouldn't be in the army >.>
    Your point is contradicting.. Why should females and males be separated? because you don't feel comfortable with penises? from that point of view the OP has a point and a very good one then, why isn't it wrong for a straight/gay guy to shower with a gay/straight guy? what if he has bad experience with a gay/straight man?

Btw I'd feel most comfortable having shower with a bunch of boobs then penises XD.

In my opinion if gays are so happy to join the army then gay and straights should be separated, their quarters, showers EVERYTHING, and Rape does happen a lot especially in the army I just recently read :

(you need an account to see links)

Judging from that I'm definitely sure gay soldiers would be raped by bisexuals who I'm sure are a lot in numbers in the army then gays, and straight guys mostly likely getting raped by gay soldiers/bisexuals...

as for according the topic point.. I agree but my opinion is gays and straights should be separate.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by redfeeniks View Post
    Your point is contradicting.. Why should females and males be separated? because you don't feel comfortable with penises? from that point of view the OP has a point and a very good one then, why isn't it wrong for a straight/gay guy to shower with a gay/straight guy? what if he has bad experience with a gay/straight man?

Btw I'd feel most comfortable having shower with a bunch of boobs then penises XD.

In my opinion if gays are so happy to join the army then gay and straights should be separated, their quarters, showers EVERYTHING, and Rape does happen a lot especially in the army I just recently read :

(you need an account to see links)

Judging from that I'm definitely sure gay soldiers would be raped by bisexuals who I'm sure are a lot in numbers in the army then gays, and straight guys mostly likely getting raped by gay soldiers/bisexuals...

as for according the topic point.. I agree but my opinion is gays and straights should be separate.
    Then bisexuals have to live in solitary confinement because they can pounce on anyone.

There are differences physically and emotional differences between men and women. Furthermore the number of gay men in a unit would be few so the chances of something 'sexual' happening would be much smaller than if men and women were to share the same living areas.

Furthermore - the point I made is "And I'm sorry, accusations of sexual harassment/rape? If you aren't responsible enough to control your sexual urges you shouldn't be in the army >.>"

following onto that - If you have a previous history of being raped by a man (as a man) and you are still psychologically traumatized from that then the army (a occupation dominated by men) isn't something for you ;/ Its like signing up for the army but you are uncomfortable around guns because you were shot in the leg - you aren't psychologically prepared.\

Finally - (you need an account to see links) - women are raped in the army regardless of not sharing living areas.
    Last edited by Chi; 10-07-2012 at 12:07 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Then bisexuals have to live in solitary confinement because they can pounce on anyone.

There are differences physically and emotional differences between men and women. Furthermore the number of gay men in a unit would be few so the chances of something 'sexual' happening would be much smaller than if men and women were to share the same living areas.

Furthermore - the point I made is "And I'm sorry, accusations of sexual harassment/rape? If you aren't responsible enough to control your sexual urges you shouldn't be in the army >.>"

following onto that - If you have a previous history of being raped by a man (as a man) and you are still psychologically traumatized from that then the army (a occupation dominated by men) isn't something for you ;/ Its like signing up for the army but you are uncomfortable around guns because you were shot in the leg - you aren't psychologically prepared.\

Finally - (you need an account to see links) - women are raped in the army regardless of not sharing living areas.
    True and that is why men and women are separated but gays or homosexuals also have to be separated this way because their behavior and identity (super-masculine or feminine or a mix of both) is different then average straight guy, that leads to them to either get bullied/harassed by straight community or them raping/harassing the straight community, Point is they can engage in misconducts ranging from simple bullying, negative view to rape based on sexual identity and sexual based behavior, Identity and Behavior are two different things, identity is what you define yourself as a male or female while behavior is more based on sexual attraction depending on your identity,

I'm pretty sure the army does all the psychological profiling of who they enlist, it doesn't grantee there won't be any misconduct or rape now does it? in my link Panetta said over "19,000 alleged sexual assaults" in last year alone even when there is segregation among men and women.

As for bisexuals here is my opinion on the matter now I don't know what the army ask for when enlisting or if psychologists ask for sexuality but if someone does reports to be a bisexual I'd say its a Red Flag on that someone if that is there is a system for these things, however most bisexuals don't go about promoting themselves as bisexuals because their sexual identity is just what it is be it male or female(while most homosexuals have an sexual identity crisis), however their behavior towards other sexes is definitely gonna be attraction based, it depends if a bisexual is gonna rape or not be it male or female however Bisexual do exist a lot more in army and a lot more in prisons in my opinion and I believe bisexuality is also biological and psychological based reaction to confinement to a single sex community.. just as when in a group of female fish with no male, a fish becomes a male.. its sort of like that.. but I don't wanna elaborate it in this post.

anyhow the majority is straight no matter what field, and well from its point of view the society has a lot of stereotypes for gays, bisexual etc, minority always gets screwed

what the army should apply in the matter is Murphy's law, because if they send in a famine gay man in a pack of straight men his definitely is gonna get treated the same way a nerdy weak looking kid is treated in school by a bunch of bullies, and if they send in a Alpha male gay in the straight guy's pack his definitely is gonna be sexual harassing his buddies.

But straight community also does all the misconducts, I mean guys just generally harass everything that moves.

-edit-

Rape happens everywhere regardless of all environment blame human nature.
    Last edited by redfeeniks; 10-07-2012 at 03:35 AM.