Gays are allowed to serve right now in the military under the don't ask don't tell policy. I for one don't want gays to be allowed to openly serve. Just for the record, I'm not against gay marriage. If its in their pursuit of happiness who am I to tell them who they can and can not marry. But for the military, its going to cause issues. Maybe not for some of the support units but for those of us in combat arms units where unit cohesion is very very important it can cause some serious issues. In the military we joke about being gay, and someone being a fag all the time, its just part of the humor. But if someone were openly gay, they would probably get killed or hazed beyond belief. I for one as an NCO don't want to have to deal with any soldiers harassing a gay soldier to no end. Or vise versa, a couple gay soldiers harassing a straight soldier. I can hear it now, the accusations of sexual harassment and rape coming from both sides. fucking nightmare. Just one more thing to distract us from our mission.

I say this, if gays are allowed to openly serve, shower with me, sleep in open barracks etc, then we should eliminate male and female separation. Everyone sleeps in the same barracks, showers in the same place, uses the same latrines etc.

I can not stand politicians and people in general that have never served a day in the military who try and tell ME how the military and its policies should be ran.

Opinions?