Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Talking [GUIDE] Guide on Securing NC Items

Prologue:
    Hello everyone, it's Jubjubb here! I am writing this guide because I believe that NC is the most overlooked section when it comes to profiting from accounts. Maybe it's just because NC is unfamiliar to you, or that you never thought NC as profitable. The truth is, if secured correctly NC can bring in lot's of profit for you.

Understanding the cap system:
    What is the cap system? Well all NC items are valued by caps. Caps are determined by how "in demand" an NC item is or how rare it is. Most high end NC items you see out there are from: Site events, Mystery Capsule Bonus Items, or if they are really old and retired. In general 1 cap is equal to anything up to 250 NC (in the mall!) + the box you use to send the item.

Finding the value of your items:
    There are 2 main guides that people use when determining the value of their NC items. They are (you need an account to see links) and (you need an account to see links) NOTE: Those links will carry you off to Neopets.com

How to send NC items:
    A lot of people out there had encounters where they attempted to gift an NC item and there was simply no option. Why? Well because you need a Gift Box to Send the Item!

(you need an account to see links)
    Well you are probably wondering, where do I get this gift box? Well you get 1 box per $5 in NC cards you redeem. NOTE: You will not recieve FREE boxes from NC you purchase ONLINE. You can also obtain boxes from Gift Box Mystery Capsules which sell for 200 NC each. These capsules will give you 200 nc worth in mall items PLUS 1, 2, or 4 boxes + 1 limited edition box. Most of the time you will get 1 box, but very rarely you will recieve 4 boxes + 1 limited edition box.
    (you need an account to see links) (x4) + (you need an account to see links) (x1)

With each box you can send (1) NC item to a user of your choice. Unfortunately the way the system works sending NC items is not free.

Have I scared you off? Please come back, if you keep reading on I will teach you how to trade for boxes when securing!

Now for the moment you have been desperately waiting for.

INACTIVE ACCOUNTS:
    First make sure they are inactive

(inactive - last spotted 70+ days)

Securing NC from inactive accounts are pretty easy, just like neopoint items they can be moved around pretty much with low risk. I advise you to change the email if possible when you first get into the account. Then you should start hunting for gift boxes (assuming you know this account has NC). So go check the inventory, and then go to the SDB and search: "Gift Box"

You could be in luck!

If there are no gift boxes on the account, don't fret! I will teach you how to get them.

NOTE: This Part will be repetetive in the later sections.

TRADING FOR GIFT BOXES:

Now that you got your boxes, I will provide a list on things to check for at the end of the guide! At this point feel free to move the NC items around it is pretty much very safe. Keep reading on.

Semi-Active Accounts

(semi active - last spotted 5-70 days)

These are a little harder to secure, but nevertheless not too big of a challenge. As stated before change the email, but don't forget to change the password too before you start moving things around. I like to be on the safe side, so my method for moving Semi-Active NC around might be a little more challenging.

Again you will need to hunt the SDB, Inventory for GBC's. If there aren't any you have to trade for them.
    NOTE: This Part will be repetetive in the later sections.
    TRADING FOR GIFT BOXES:

Good so you got your boxes, now take a look at what you want to transfer, or if you have high end items. One method I use is to trade a high end/mid end item for another person's high end/mid end item and ask them to send the item to my "side" which can be your shell/securing account. YOu can also do this when trading for GBC's and ask them to send some of the GBC's to 1 or 2 "side accounts" that you have.This process saves boxes, and makes it harder to trace because you traded the item for another item of a similar value and directed the item you have now to another account. You can do this 1 more time, or 2 more times if you are extra paranoid and it should be safe to let it sit.

I would say 3-4 weeks to make sure it is secure, because NC items tend to have a higher risk of getting caught than NP items. However hopefully you lost TNT somewhere along the way.

ACTIVE ACCOUNTS:
    Okay you don't want to really mess with active accounts and scare the pumpkins out of the Owner and their Neopets but essentially keep it down low. Until you are ready to rob their sdb, closet and pet clothing and try to get away with it as fast as you can.

Taking from active accounts is a two step process.

First, the slow leeching method. You have to change their email (not password) to something similar to their original email so they won't notice anything wrong. for instance (you need an account to see links) should be changed to (you need an account to see links).

Done? Perfect.

This only works for people with a ton of NC items. More than likely they will have spare boxes for you to use, so that's great. Make sure when you are leeching NC off them that you do it when they are NOT ONLINE. Check their neomail inbox to see approximately what time they normally get online. Don't take anything away from their Inventory/Closet because that is where NCers keep most of their precious belongings, or items about to be traded. The trick is to slowly take mid value items, or an occasional high value item without them noticing. Remember it's safest for accounts with lot's and lot's of items. Now send the item to an account of your choice and remember to DELETE

the event they will receive saying that you accepted their Neocash gift.

Eventually they will become suspiscious or if you are too scared to leech off them here is the next step!

The take everything and run step. You will have to use the method I showed you for securing from semi active accounts which is:
    One method I use is to trade a high end/mid end item for another person's high end/mid end item and ask them to send the item to my "side" which can be your shell/securing account. You can also do this when trading for GBC's and ask them to send some of the GBC's to 1 or 2 "side accounts" that you have.This process saves boxes, and makes it harder to trace because you traded the item for another item of a similar value and directed the item you have now to another account. You can do this 2 more times, or 3 more times if you are extra paranoid and it should be safe to let it sit.

You use this method as mentioned earlier:

Except you send off anything high valued, and you send the NC off to seperate accounts! High valued NC should go to their own account, and mid value NC can be stored in 2's or 3's. You cannot afford to transfer the lower end NC especially from an active account.Remember to trade for boxes, and asking them to send some to your "sides" which you will use to continue transferring.

Making a list helps:

Spyder Web Staff (xchanged) Neoquest Wizard Wand > Account 2 > Account 11 > Account 13 (Sit)
    Rain Shower (xchanged) 5 GBCs > Account 2, 11, 13

or something like that. (KEEP ORGANIZED)

Anyway, what if you get caught and iced in the process?

Well the original owner will file for a ticket and TNT will be like:

Anyways this is why the leech method works great before this because most of those items you took before you (robbed all their nc and tried to run away as fast as you can) will stay alive, since they didn't even know it was happening and it is way before the date they believe they were comprimised. I had lot's of success keeping these items.

Anyway, attention back to if you were not frozen in the process, and you got away with everything! Great, let's hope the account owner is still sleeping/at work and unaware that this is happening.

NOW. We are going to ICE their account on purpose because it will throw them off. I promise.

You should use a proxy for this, well you should have used a proxy from the start!

Here are your options:

Just kidding you have one option. Something severe enough that it will get the account iced most likely for a long long time, but not severe enough to get you ip banned/chained (you don't want to lose your account).

You are going to scoresend an impossible (top score) and make it obvious enough that the Help Chat will be flaming you before you even know what's happening. If you make it something like 30,000 in Kass Basher there is a good chance you will be iced really fast and when the owner logs in they will come to:

and send in a ticket on how they never cheated etc but we all know TNT has no mercy for Scoresenders or ABers. If you do it right the owner still won't realize the NC on their account has been raided (they will be too busy telling TNT how that they never cheated etc) and you will get to run off and secure the NC items.

Thank you for reading my Guide on How to Secure NC Items. I hope you learned something, or two. Those methods have worked for me time and time again, and I really hope they work for you!

Here are my personal lists of items to look for:
    High End NC (100+ Caps)

Mid End NC (15-90 Caps)
    Note: These are not in order of value!

Last of all check for Mystery Capsules (some can be worth over 100+ caps)
    Mystery capsule value guide (you need an account to see links)

- Jubjubb

p.s. this is my first guide so please excuse my mistakes~

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jubjubb For This Useful Post:

Carrot (08-25-2012),firefly (08-25-2012),goldentryst (08-25-2012),goodieboy (08-26-2012),Ice (08-25-2012),Lyric (03-17-2014),SmileYaDead (08-25-2012),SwissCheese (08-25-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    4h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    cute c: i like the ending, I'll have to try it sometime

Thanks