44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    I think this is a little two sided, you're robbing off people who put their heart and soul into their accounts, and selling it for a profit. You steal their pets, their money, and even their accounts, but somehow find a moral line at being dead?
    The odds are plenty of these neopet accounts that end up here on clraik and other blackmarket sites are from deceased members, weither you know it or not, it can't really be avoided.
    I personally don't know the member who this thread was dedicated too, but lets face it, This site is dedicated to Stealing off people, which is sad but a fact.
    I'm aware how cold this message is comming off and some may be offended by it, but it is the reality, You're happy to have other people lose their things, but when you know of them personally you have Biased opinions, but really anyone selling accounts that they obtained from a hashlist ect is no different.

Shhh don't tell them how hypocritical they are , you will just get called a "prick". Alot of bullshit on this thread , your the ones selling , allowing and even middlemanning hash list in the first place its pathetic. Change attitudes or just accept you are part of the problem

@(you need an account to see links)
    I have decided against what we have discussed the people here do not deserve it. Also sort your staff out , you got some idiots working for you.
    Last edited by DarkByte; 08-21-2012 at 06:11 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkByte For This Useful Post:

Nodochi (08-21-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Balletdancer View Post
    Yes Melissa (mao_mau) passed away due to cancer
    I know who hacked her account, though the person is not on this site.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    171 times
    Time Online
    15d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I know a user (Neo User Will not be named) who passed away from cancer. I knew her very well as we talked on FB day in and out..
    I

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    225 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by raredaredevil View Post
    Shhh don't tell them how hypocritical they are , you will just get called a "prick". Alot of bullshit on this thread , your the ones selling , allowing and even middlemanning hash list in the first place its pathetic. Change attitudes or just accept you are part of the problem

@(you need an account to see links)
    I have decided against what we have discussed the people here do not deserve it. Also sort your staff out , you got some idiots working for you.
    O.o

I do agree with you that the fact that when someone's account is hacked, it doesn't really matter if the person is dead or alive. After all, if you've passed away, even cash, condo, cars and credit cards doesn't matter much, least a neopet account. If anything, hacking real life people's account is even worse than hacking the deceased's account, in that the living actually feel the pain of their account being taken from them, whereas the deceased couldn't care less. And after all, neopets is only a game, where some have fun and others profit, and not so much so that their paypal or bank account got hacked.

However I don't think the staff are idiots. I don't know these people personally, so I can't say I share their sentiments. The deceased's account was part of their lives, and those who feel indignant about the hack are trying to preserve the little bit of the deceased's existence, which would bear sentimental values.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goodieboy For This Useful Post:

John (08-21-2012),Mary674 (08-21-2012),pinkie (08-21-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Call me a hypocrite idgaf. I have an emotional connection to this account because I knew the owner. Therefore I care about the integrity of this account in particular over others. You all can chew me up for being two faces or whatever, call it what you will, I have no issue with what goes on here, this account is the exception to me because I knew her on a personal level.

Also @(you need an account to see links) you're going to call me an idiot because be disagree on what should be a pretty minor issue? I've never had any issues with you before and I'm not sure why this is becoming one now. Also read back I didn't call you a prick.
    Last edited by John; 08-21-2012 at 09:13 AM.
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    No you did not call me a prick directly. But then again did I call you a idiot directly? Hide behind the way you phrase things if you like...

Also you are posting directly to me , like I am the only one in this side of the fence. I am not theirs multiple post since I last replied who all disagree with you yet you reply to me only. So if you do not want a issue maybe you should stop directing your silly post to me. My problem is with anyone who thinks its ok to hack someone then come here on there high horse on this thread complaining. People on these forums provide the hash list , you cannot complain when a popular person gets hacked and if you really want to talk about responsibility these accounts should be removed before selling the list surely?

And what about all those people this forum allows to get hacked? Do they not have a emotional connection to there accounts? Do they not have friends , guilds ect all destroyed because of the list sold on this site? Why do your emotions matter more than everyone elses?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkByte For This Useful Post:

j03 (08-21-2012),Nodochi (08-21-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by raredaredevil View Post
    No you did not call me a prick directly. But then again did I call you a idiot directly? Hide behind the way you phrase things if you like...

Also you are posting directly to me , like I am the only one in this side of the fence. I am not theirs multiple post since I last replied who all disagree with you yet you reply to me only. So if you do not want a issue maybe you should stop directing your silly post to me. My problem is with anyone who thinks its ok to hack someone then come here on there high horse on this thread complaining. People on these forums provide the hash list , you cannot complain when a popular person gets hacked and if you really want to talk about responsibility these accounts should be removed before selling the list surely?

And what about all those people this forum allows to get hacked? Do they not have a emotional connection to there accounts? Do they not have friends , guilds ect all destroyed because of the list sold on this site? Why do your emotions matter more than everyone elses?
    You're missing the point. At no point in this thread did I say that my emotions matter more. All I did was offer compensation to have the account returned to its original form, because I was a friend of the owner.
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

11. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

Mary674 (08-21-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    152 times
    Time Online
    65d 23h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate_C View Post
    I know who hacked her account, though the person is not on this site.
    Serious? Aw
    But nothing any one can do now, tnt was nice enough to unfreeze her main account for the guild she was in.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    I just checked my account lists and I have sold her account in the past. This happened a LONG time ago.

I had no idea who this person is, and I have no idea who any of the people are on my account lists. I just sell them to make myself some extra cash... which is the equivalent to 90% of you traders on here. Don't be hypocrites. Sure, I feel bad that sometimes I may be selling something that belongs to someone who really cares for their virtual currency/property but when you look at the situation indirectly, it's all VIRTUAL. Trust me, we all have hit an account that has belonged to someone who no longer is alive anymore!

Besides, I've seen most of the high-end accounts I sell simply report their problem after being hacked and TNT will just rollback their account for them.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Evelsaint (08-21-2012),kooldude888 (08-21-2012),Mary674 (08-21-2012),Nodochi (08-21-2012)