38/0
    Mentioned
    348 times
    Time Online
    13d 5h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Starting P90x

So my girlfriend got it recently and wants us to start. I'm in fairly good shape but I'm skinny. Always had a problem w puttin on weight but my arms look like there's a baseball on each though the only exercise I do is having sex ha. But with starting this should I be eating creotine or protein? Or... Suggestions? Dont wanna lose weight, but gain it in doing P90x

Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    2d 12h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Tip: Don't eat creotine. It's usually a powder. Haha. But stick with protein.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    348 times
    Time Online
    13d 5h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Protein is usually a powder too. why not creotine?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I take:

Protein - mass
    Creatine - More reps
    Glutamine - Better recovery times

I am a vegeterain however I chose my supplements based on this. As a meat eater you probly get alot of glutamine already. People say no to creatine as it causes water retention witch disappears after you stop taking it. Also if you are just starting out , dont bother with anything for the first few months or you wont know how much of a improvement the supplements are making + you will see all sorts of gains when you first start anyway.

Also you could go for one of those meal replacement high cal powders.
    Last edited by DarkByte; 08-21-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    348 times
    Time Online
    13d 5h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Well I've done all the taking protein and creatine before, I took 2 cycles of steroids 2 years ago. Never put any weight on but I got more cut. Mainly cause the were cutters xD. But with P90x I'm just hoping to put on more mass.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    2d 12h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    Well I've done all the taking protein and creatine before, I took 2 cycles of steroids 2 years ago. Never put any weight on but I got more cut. Mainly cause the were cutters xD. But with P90x I'm just hoping to put on more mass.
    Well see I can't help you because I play sports and train year round. Also not allowed to take certain things due to NCAA restrictions. So can't help you out.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    348 times
    Time Online
    13d 5h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I'm not planning on doing roids again xD. just p09x

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Honestly, I'm not so sure p90x is the right routine for you if you want to put on muscle mass. I've never really followed along with it myself so I can't say with 100% certainty, however, to my knowledge p90x is for the sole reason of getting definition through 'muscle confusion' i believe they called it. I believe plyo is high intensity cardios and the other ones are to get defintion in certain muscle groups.

For getting bigger, you need to max out on weights and push your maximums. Honestly that is the best way I can think of to gain a larger capacity for muscle mass. Extra reps or fast work outs with lighter weights focus on definition more than maxing out. You may want to add some muscle training into your routine outside of p90x if you're looking to put on a few pounds

Cause someday I'll be OVER 9,000... Rep!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 14h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I agree with Ciricus about P90X getting you more defined but not really for muscle growth. If your looking to put on muscle mass, you need to use weights in the 8-12 rep range for 3-4 sets. Use the big three, squat, bench press, and deadlift for sure to add muscle. I don't agree with the maxing out though, as maxing out and doing small amounts of reps 2-4 is mostly for strength gains and not muscle. (And of course for feeding the ego )

Steroids at your age are just stupid, and if you did them two years ago, and your age is correct at 22 on here, it is even more stupid. Especially if you don't do Post Cycle Treatment after you get off roids, which I'm guessing you did not. (no disrespect to you when I say that) Your test levels are highest at your age, and unless you want to be a bodybuilder or are training to be a bodybuilder, you really never need to use steroids, you can put on enough muscle without them.

Protein and creatine are supplements, and meant to be supplemented into your diet to help you gain extra nutrients that you cannot get from real food. If your diet sucks and you do not eat enough, which is why I'm guessing you have a hard time putting on weight, you will gain very little muscle as compared to what you could gain if you ate enough. I prefer real food to supplements, but I use both protein, creatine, and many other supplements in my diet.

If you take anything away from I typed, it should be your not eating enough if you cannot gain weight.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenApple90 View Post
    I agree with Ciricus about P90X getting you more defined but not really for muscle growth. If your looking to put on muscle mass, you need to use weights in the 8-12 rep range for 3-4 sets. Use the big three, squat, bench press, and deadlift for sure to add muscle. I don't agree with the maxing out though, as maxing out and doing small amounts of reps 2-4 is mostly for strength gains and not muscle. (And of course for feeding the ego )

Steroids at your age are just stupid, and if you did them two years ago, and your age is correct at 22 on here, it is even more stupid. Especially if you don't do Post Cycle Treatment after you get off roids, which I'm guessing you did not. (no disrespect to you when I say that) Your test levels are highest at your age, and unless you want to be a bodybuilder or are training to be a bodybuilder, you really never need to use steroids, you can put on enough muscle without them.

Protein and creatine are supplements, and meant to be supplemented into your diet to help you gain extra nutrients that you cannot get from real food. If your diet sucks and you do not eat enough, which is why I'm guessing you have a hard time putting on weight, you will gain very little muscle as compared to what you could gain if you ate enough. I prefer real food to supplements, but I use both protein, creatine, and many other supplements in my diet.

If you take anything away from I typed, it should be your not eating enough if you cannot gain weight.
    Sorry, when I said maxing out I mistakenly put maxing out when that is the official term for literally THE MOST weight you can use. When I said maxing out, I think in reps of 10 minimum usually, so I just mean using weights that are actually challenging LOL. That was errornous on my part. Overall, agree with your agreeal though ;D

Cause someday I'll be OVER 9,000... Rep!