7/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronith View Post
    Show me new companies that were created in the last four years that are manufacturing companies.

And then compare it to the number of service companies created.

Worst of all, the USA did not build a new fuel refinery in the United States in over 30 years. Many oil companies have tried yet it is virtually impossible to obtain all of the permits necessary to build one as environmental groups sue time and time again to stop construction and left wing Liberal Democrat appointed judges grant these environmental wackos endless impact studies that stop construction. The USA permanently closed down about one third of the refineries that existed 30 years ago however because governmental regulatory requirements have made it impossible to keep them operating profitably. Our current refineries are operating at very close to their maximum capacity. But this is not sufficient as we now need to import 14% of our refined gasoline. The United States of America, the greatest economic power on earth, is incapable of refining its own gasoline supply because we have willingly crippled ourselves with suicidal environmental restrictions. Shipping crude oil is relatively safe as it is fairly inert and not very combustible. Shipping refined gasoline is tricky and dangerous as it gives off explosive fumes and is extremely flammable. We are playing national Russian roulette with our own energy security. We have very little room for error and with our expanding population and economy we are nearing a crisis point. As 20% of our refining capacity has been eliminated through shutdowns and start ups required by continual blend changes, refinery capacity is the bottleneck. Until the United States deals with this issue, and it is not going to deal with it, our gasoline supply will remain restricted and prices will remain high regardless of the price of oil. Since Obama's innarguation, the prices have shot up the last four years.

But hey, that is not all what Obama did...

(you need an account to see links)

Sad, huh?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I like how you ignored the last part of my post.

Fact number one, current oil company profits on a gallon of gas at three dollars per gallon are currently 9% or about $.27 per gallon. Of that $.27, approximately 40% is taken by the government in taxes before the remaining 60% is distributed to shareholders. Thus the after-tax profit distributed to the tens of millions of Americans who own oil company stocks is about $.16 per gallon. There are no greedy oil company owners colluding with one another to gouge American citizens, only shareholders like you and me, and our investment portfolios. The largest American oil company is Exxon Mobil; they are the fifth largest oil company in the world and control less than 5% of the world oil market. The top three US oil companies combined control less than 10% of the world oil market. This is hardly a market dominating monopoly.

Let me add that every single time a refinery needs to change from one blend to another, that refinery needs to be shut down in order for the change to take effect. These constant shutdowns and start ups are eliminating as much as 20% of the capacity of each refinery and adding enormously to the cost of operating that facility. These blend requirements are adding $.50 to $.75 to the cost of each gallon of gasoline that we purchase. In addition to this, taxes at both the federal, state, and local levels totaled nearly $.60 per gallon. After-tax profits to shareholders of oil companies on the sale of a $3 gallon of gasoline will total about $.16. Even if oil companies eliminated 100% of their before tax profit that would only amount to $.27 per gallon. Oh, let me mention that the oil companies have to do 100% of the work to find, transport, refine, and deliver our fuel supply. Our government on the other hand, does none of the work, yet gouges American citizens to the tune of approximately $.60 cents per gallon in direct taxes, plus income tax of approximately $.11 per gallon on distributed oil company profits, plus between $.50 and $.75 per gallon in mandated regulatory costs. Clearly there is some gouging going on by local and state governments that rip our heads off to the tune of over one dollar per gallon! These same economic nitwits tell us that the .16 cent after-tax profit on the Exxon Mobil stock in your IRA is unconscionable!!The laws of economics are as certain as the law of gravity. This economic illiteracy combined with the misinformation spewed at us daily by our left wing agenda driven mainstream press has public anger directed at the wrong culprit.
    Wait.

But where does 100% of the blame for this fall on Obama if this has been going on for quite a long time? I'm failing to see the correlation here.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Obama has yet to stop all the different blends being created. This is causing the additional prices in gas. He can fix that..

You still failed to address the last part of my previous post.

I'll refresh your memory for you.
    You act like the Republican party wouldn't do the same exact thing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Riku For This Useful Post:

Cody. (08-15-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    But Obama did it. That is the big deal.

Do you realize how many jobs has been lost because of his auto task force?

That is just Chrysler dealers.

Take the time and watch this clip. Its eye-opening.

I have a feeling you wont though.... :/
    Don't have the attention span to watch that right now. I will tomorrow though. Promise.

But okay, 41000 jobs. He's still added over 500,000 manufacturing jobs since 2010.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I was going to argue... but it's pretty clear at this point that Romney won't be president. Picking Ryan as his VP put the nail in the coffin.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    21d 6h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    honestly if it was my choice i would vote for Ron Paul that crazy old man could do some good for this country lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I am confused, do people actually believe that politicians do things for the people because they say they will? That they do not lie to get elected? That they will actually make a "difference" in 4 years? There are flaws with anyone elected plain and simple.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Riku (08-15-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    4h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) makes some really good points. Imo Obama has literally done nothing except put us deeper into this hell hole we call the united States I'm up for at least giving Romney a chance

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Caleb For This Useful Post:

Ronith (08-15-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    201 times
    Time Online
    7h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Staying with Obama, I rather not vote in a new president who might turn out like Bush v2.0. in this economy.

Obama inherited America when it was in recession and I feel he turned it around pretty well given the circumstances. Could he have done better? Maybe? Things he could have addressed? Yeah but solutions aren't implemented overnight.

He's not the god of the universe and he can't do everything and solve all the problems, gas price etc etc. That's just bullshit.

He didn't make us fall deeper in the recession, I call that a win.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Evelsaint For This Useful Post:

Cody. (08-15-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) makes some really good points. Imo Obama has literally done nothing except put us deeper into this hell hole we call the united States I'm up for at least giving Romney a chance
    You realize Obama has completely turned the economy around, right...?