33/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    6d 14h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

[GUIDE] Western Union Online Payment

This guide is going to explain how to use Western Union Online to purchase Items and Neopoints on this site.

Online Method

What You Will Need

Your Personal Information
    - Name
    - Address
    - Phone Number
    - Email Address

(1) Source of Payment
    - Bank Account
    - Debit Card
    - Credit Card

Optional
    - Online Banking Account w/ Bill Pay

1. First you will need to register for Western Union's online service.

After you have finished registering you will then be logged in.

2. Once you are logged in fill in the zip code you will be sending the money from, the country of the person you are sending the money to, and the amount of the payment.

3. A page will then appear with multiple send options to choose from. Of the online options the most cost effective methods are the three options I've annotated below.

3a. The first option with a cost of $0 will require you to pay from a credit or debit card directly to the recipient's bank account. This will require you to obtain the receiver of the payment's Bank Name, Routing Number, and Bank Account Number.

99% of people you conduct business with will not be willing to give you any of this information and I DO NOT recommend giving any of this information away online, but it is an option. Processing speeds may vary but generally the payment should be received in (3) days.

3b. The second option, which I have personally used, is WU Pay. Although there is an $8 flat rate fee the recipient does not have to reveal any personal information other than their name, city, and state. In this method WUPAY acts as the middleman, in which you pay WUPAY from your bank account and they send the money to a Western Union branch near the recipient of the payment.

After filling in the information click continue. A message will then be dispatched to your email with your MTCN Number, Biller Name, Account Number, Biller Address, Biller Zip Code, and Amount Owed. This information will be used to make the payment from your bank account to WUPAY.

Next you must log on to your Online Banking Account (Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Chase, etc.) and select the "Bill Pay" option.

Click "Pay New Payee" on the page that appears, and then you will be brought to the page below.

Fill in the information provided in the WUPAY email and once you have completed the 3 step process click "Make Payment".

Once your bank has processed the payment, Western Union will then transfer the funds to a branch near the recipient of the payment. This will take between 1-3 days to become complete.

You can track your payment using the MTCN Number provided in the WUPAY email through a link on Western Union's homepage.

3c. The Third Option is exactly the same as the second option but instead of using BillPay you will link your Bank Account directly to Western Union.

This method will take guaranteed additional processing time. The money will not become available for pickup until after 10:00 AM PT the Third Business Day; no sooner, no guarantee it may not be later due to varying bank processing times.

I hope this guide was helpful and will assist anyone who may need to make a payment using Western Union now or in the near future.
    Last edited by awe; 08-11-2012 at 03:08 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to awe For This Useful Post:

Evelsaint (08-11-2012),goodieboy (08-11-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    201 times
    Time Online
    7h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Great Guide. I never got past the activation stage personally.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    6d 14h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Thank you. Hopefully this will make it easier for a lot of people.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Why was I tagged in this??
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    6d 14h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I thought that's what people did to receive input on their guides here.
    Last edited by awe; 12-11-2012 at 09:59 AM.