Thread: Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed.....WTF!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    14d 2h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed.....WTF!

So i turned my laptop on this evening after work went to log on to neopets and got the following error code:

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

Now i know this is a problem with my compute:. 1. Because the site doesn't want to load in Firefox either. 2. Neopets is loading fine on my Iphone. 3. Every other site is working fine. 4. Neopets works in incognito mode, but is very slow.

I'm massively confused right now, after some googling it looks like tonnes of people have this problem but they all vary. I have no add-ons for Chrome. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome. No site i've found has been able to give me a fix so here's to me hoping that one of your can shed some light on it =/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Things to try: run a virus scan, disable antivirus, uncheck 'advanced browser integration' if you have Internet Download Manager installed, see if your router or 3rd party program has the domain blocked and/or reset router + modem, flush DNS, clear cookies.
    gr8

3. The Following User Says Thank You to derpherpherp For This Useful Post:

Diablos (08-08-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    14d 2h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Solved it, had to install IE, uninstall both mozilla and chrome and then reinstall both. But for some reason having one installed while uninstalling the other and reinstalling didn't work. Both had to be uninstalled at the same time. No idea why but it worked.

Thanks for help regardless.