DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) I actually haven`t watched or read any of the LotR books either, oops. I`m not really sure why, just haven`t gotten around to it. Since you say it`s really good, I`ll definitely add it to my list to read over the holidays!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    260 times
    Time Online
    51d 17h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    @(you need an account to see links) Indeed do so. But after you read the books check out the movies too. They are a work of art really. I am pretty sure at the time of their release more money was spent in the making of the movie than anything else. It might actually still hold that title.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    PILLARS OF THE EARTH : KEN POLLET

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahnuik.

So ridiculous and so good.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    57d 11h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Harry Potter saga, of course.

I also liked so much Twilight...

Movie is most likely for girls, too much "muscle" scenes, but I kinda like the love story
    Selling Almost Any NC item!

Selling Balthazars Bag of Bottled Faeries - $150

Selling SEVERAL EPIC Main Accounts and Robotification Zappermajigs!!

Custom NeoPoint Orders? PM me!
    Selling Shells, $2 each :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    104d 23h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Oh my, I can't pick one favorite. The most recent book that I've finished was called (I believe) A Tale of Two Vampires. Twilight isn't all it's hyped up to be to me. I liked the books alright, but they weren't amazing. But I am glad for them. They opened up a whole new area for me. I love reading vampire stories.

The book I just started is called Rhett Butler's People. It seems to be shaping up to be a good book. The book just kind of leads you through Rhett's (Gone With the Wind in case that wasn't clear) life. I like it.
    Which reminds me. I really want to read Gone With the Wind again. And see the movie. I read that book back in like 4th grade. That book took me a solid month to read. And I read the last Harry Potter book in like... 2 days. Maybe 3.

I also like books by Phillipa Gregory (I don't know if I spelled that right). She wrote The Other Boleyn Girl. She writes a lot about that time period. I think I'm also in the middle of The Lady of the Rivers... Or something like that. Also by Gregory. I tend to read several books at once.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    4d 20h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links) Like a few others on here I haven't read the LOTR books or seen the movies, but I feel like it's one of those things I have to read/watch. I wanted to ask if you think the books should be read first? Did you enjoy them more than the movies? I don't want to 'kill' the books by watching the movies, but if the movies are just as great I'd love to take a shortcut.

@(you need an account to see links) Hooray, another guy who likes Twilight! I've only met one before you. xD

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    9d 11h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Umm, not sure if this counts, but I like the Silent Hill 2 novelization. It's basically an adaptation of the game, "Silent Hill 2", made into a book. It's only out in Japan, but I've read it online.

It's about a guy named James Sunderland, who receives a letter from his wife (who was supposed to be dead 3 years ago), saying she's waiting for him at their 'special place' in Silent Hill. James, really curious about the letter, decides to travel through the misty town of Silent Hill to find his late wife.

A better summary of the novel:

"He received a letter from his beloved wife. A woman who had died three years ago. “I’ll be waiting for you in our ‘special place’" Could Mary really be waiting in Silent Hill? In this town that holds far too many memories. There are many suspicious people there; including Maria, a mysterious woman who resembles his late wife. A red demon restlessly looms in the shadows. Can James discover the truth in Silent Hill? What message is his wife trying to send from beyond the grave?"

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    104d 23h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    That sounds interesting. Would you mind linking me to where you read it?
    @(you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    May be a bit cliche, but the Eragon series of novels really got me hooked on reading. Just really great writing all around.

And I've heard of Silent Hill before; the plot sounds familiar. Probably from a friend gushing about how good it was, ha.