Thread: Securing Pets/Items, Shells, Proxies, VPNs, Transfering, etc. inform me!!!

Threaded View

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    1h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Securing Pets/Items, Shells, Proxies, VPNs, Transfering, etc. inform me!!!

Alright. I need some schooling in the art of "cheating"

I'll be buying some pets and items here shortly, mostly legit. And I bought 5 shells in anticipation of that.
    I want to eventually transfer them to my legit main.

What's the best way to/How would you go about
    doing that the safest way?

I was thinking having the pets/items transferred (still not sure what this means. Does this mean the gift method for items. Or trades? And for pets, is it safe to use the monthly transfer methods?) to the shells and have it sit there for a few months (5-ish) and then eventually have it go to my legit main. Again. Not sure "how".

Now I've read a little about proxies and how they work. Some helpful people helped me understand them better and how I would need an individual proxie for each of my shells. Also I've been told that they are only needed for the login/logout. Is this true?
    I've been using FoxyProxy (Ryan's guide helped a lot) and I think I got the hang of it. My plan for my shells is to select a certain country for each shell and have proxies only from that country, replacing them as they die. Also changing the account's country to match the proxy.

Besides that, someone suggested a VPN as a viable option if I'm dealing with High-End pets and larges sums of NP, which I am.
    I'd be wiling to throw out some cash if it's safer that way. That same person mentioned that VPN's give private proxies. Which elimates the threat of having someone else be using the same proxy as you are. Which could also get me frozen, right? Does anyone know of any good VPN sites?

After the items/pets have been "secured" (someone define this for me?!) then I would transfer them to my legit accounts. AGAIN, what would be the best method for this?

And afterwards. I think I would ice the shells because I wouldn't need them anymore. I think I'll be content with those purchases and start to retract from the selling/buying scene and just continue playing by using GM scripts. Like RS with AutoHagglers and stuff.

Suggests? Comments? Help? Answers?

Any help would be appreciated.

PS: I hope this is in the right place. :/
    Last edited by Superboy; 08-06-2012 at 05:42 PM.