Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Securing Pets/Items, Shells, Proxies, VPNs, Transfering, etc. inform me!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    1h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Securing Pets/Items, Shells, Proxies, VPNs, Transfering, etc. inform me!!!

Alright. I need some schooling in the art of "cheating"

I'll be buying some pets and items here shortly, mostly legit. And I bought 5 shells in anticipation of that.
    I want to eventually transfer them to my legit main.

What's the best way to/How would you go about
    doing that the safest way?

I was thinking having the pets/items transferred (still not sure what this means. Does this mean the gift method for items. Or trades? And for pets, is it safe to use the monthly transfer methods?) to the shells and have it sit there for a few months (5-ish) and then eventually have it go to my legit main. Again. Not sure "how".

Now I've read a little about proxies and how they work. Some helpful people helped me understand them better and how I would need an individual proxie for each of my shells. Also I've been told that they are only needed for the login/logout. Is this true?
    I've been using FoxyProxy (Ryan's guide helped a lot) and I think I got the hang of it. My plan for my shells is to select a certain country for each shell and have proxies only from that country, replacing them as they die. Also changing the account's country to match the proxy.

Besides that, someone suggested a VPN as a viable option if I'm dealing with High-End pets and larges sums of NP, which I am.
    I'd be wiling to throw out some cash if it's safer that way. That same person mentioned that VPN's give private proxies. Which elimates the threat of having someone else be using the same proxy as you are. Which could also get me frozen, right? Does anyone know of any good VPN sites?

After the items/pets have been "secured" (someone define this for me?!) then I would transfer them to my legit accounts. AGAIN, what would be the best method for this?

And afterwards. I think I would ice the shells because I wouldn't need them anymore. I think I'll be content with those purchases and start to retract from the selling/buying scene and just continue playing by using GM scripts. Like RS with AutoHagglers and stuff.

Suggests? Comments? Help? Answers?

Any help would be appreciated.

PS: I hope this is in the right place. :/
    Last edited by Superboy; 08-06-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    16d 8h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    @(you need an account to see links)

I'll try and target each area for you from my knowledge.

Transferring items - basically get whatever items to the shell of your choice. You can either trade, gift, auction or shop-snipe. Personally I prefer shop-sniping my items because, from TNT's perspective, the seller has no way of controlling who buys the item once it's in the shop. It's never really safe to say the items are 100% secure as TNT will find any bullshit reason to ice you, and it could be a week, month or 6 months after you've got these items. They'll use any excuse they can, so always be careful. I'd say 5 months is a good time to wait, you could wait less but after 5 months I'd be more comfortable that I'm unlikely to get iced.
    One thing you gotta be careful with is that people do use Shop Wiz snipers, so obviously if you're gonna be transferring wanted items like codestones, map pieces, Nerks etc then you may lose them.

Transferring pets - there are only really two ways to do this - pound or transfer. You can fake a pet giveaway on the PC chat and then select yourself, but you may wanna like.. build the shells up a bit for this (a few avs, stamps, cards etc - make it look like a legit account/giveaway). You could say you're friends, and make up a bit of conversation between the accounts before you transfer? Or, once you level up, you could put your trust in a Pound Sniper (I know Infamous Joe has made a fantastic one, works like a charm) and pound the pet and have the Sniper get it for you. Personally I've never been iced for sniping painted pets from the Pound using any sniping program I've used, but there is always that risk.

Proxies - I've already told you my thoughts on that, I think that's a good idea. Make a note of the country, and then only select proxies from that country. Looks less suspicious than logging in from the USA and then China a few hours later or whatever. You could put a note on your UL saying you travel a lot due to work or something, this may help keep you above suspicion - I'm sure I've heard people suggest this, although whether it is effective or TNT even take it into consideration is doubtful.

VPN - I know FoxyProxy do their own VPN for about $8 a month I think. Also, I think HideMyAss do a VPN service too. A friend of mine has FoxyProxy VPN (as far as I know) and he said that you're able to select proxies not only based on the country, but also state/town. So if you chose, idk, Michigan, you can find proxies from there and it looks even less suspicious as you may be accessing from a library, a friends/family members house, a WiFi hotspot or something.

Afterwards - self-icing seems to be the preferred method because then TNT are supposedly less able to track the movement of the items in question. Now I'm not sure if this is the truth, but I always self-ice the shells after they're finished with anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: One last note, RSing with AutoHagglers is risky. I got iced on my main, and it was completely legit except for the use of an AHer. Be careful, don't RS too much with one and not always in the most obvious shops (Magic, Stamp etc).
    Last edited by Spurs; 08-06-2012 at 07:56 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (08-09-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    (you need an account to see links)

Read there, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask me.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    16d 8h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    ^ Or follow that guide, that's where I learned what I know. xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    1h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Okay. So apparently with pets from inactive accounts. There also something called "cache" to consider?
    I figured that out. It's pretty simple once you understand it.

Also, it's better to have a semi-main looking account then an empty shell for pets. Right? For them to sit there and get secured/cache cleared. And then transfer to a legit account. NOT FREEZING the account after the transfer. That suspicious.

But empty shells are okay for items. And self icing after you transfer them helps with Neopets not being able to track them.

Also, would it be wise to have a little role playing on before a legit pet was transferred to a legit account? Like the two accounts meeting on the boards. Chatting over neomail and then the buyer saying "oh, I like your pet" kind of a deal?
    Or best not?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    16d 8h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Yeah, not a completely empty shell for pets. If you're gonna do the meeting on the boards thing, you wouldn't give your nice pet to a useless-looking noob shell, you'd wanna at least give your pet to a decent-looking account.

Empty shells are fine for items, but it's not terribly hard to build up an account and make it look like an okay account.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    1h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Right.

What would be the critiria for a semi-main, decent account?

A few avatars, a shop? Um, pets...? idk lol

And I would only use shells for items of course.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    8d 22h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Get all the clickable avatars, the easy ones. Place a number of cheap 10NP stamps in your album if you like. You could always go for at least bronze trophies of the easiest games (Cheat, Snow Wars, etc). Make up a shop, have a pre-made lookup in place. Play a few flash games.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    1h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I was suggested 200+ avatars, 6 site themes, stamps ( I think) amount other things.

That pretty extreme. But I suppose with pets like these....?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    16d 8h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy View Post
    I was suggested 200+ avatars, 6 site themes, stamps ( I think) amount other things.

That pretty extreme. But I suppose with pets like these....?
    That's not necessary. I have UC accounts sitting around waiting to be sold, and all they have is like 150+ avs, a few stamps, a few easy trophies, a couple neodeck cards.
    If they have site event trophies it's a bonus, but it doesn't have to. The site themes are hard to have like 6, I'm sure there's only 3 still available now? The others are time/event-dependant I think.

Basically what I'd consider not a shell account;
    150+ avs
    25+ stamps
    20+ NeoDeck cards
    4-5 trophies
    A couple site themes etc.

If anyone questions it you could say you don't get online much, or haven't been on in a while or something. Literally it doesn't even matter if you have like 200+ avs, loads of site event trophies and stuff, you'll always get assholes calling you out on stuff.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:

Ronith (08-09-2012)