Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    47d 22h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

TnT mailed me this...

Hi *********!
    A solution for your issue has been suggested.

Your account has been frozen for buying a pet from a third-party website. As stated in the Terms of Use, you do not own the accounts, items, pets or virtual currency you use while playing the site. It is against the rules to both make money off of these items by selling them and to cheat by purchasing these items from another user or site. The Terms of Use also clearly state that if we find someone selling virtual items or currency, we will freeze every account controlled by that player and every account of the player who purchased them.

Purchased pets always originate from scammed accounts. By purchasing these pets, you are supporting the scammers who are responsible for preying on other users, particularly children who easily fall victim to their tricks. Not only do these scammers steal from others to sell you the pets, they will use their tricks to scam you as well and steal those pets back if you do not get frozen for cheating first.

While reviewing your account history, we confirmed that you received ***** from a scammed account positively identified as being stolen and used by a member of a Neopoint selling site. The pet you received on November 1, 2011 from this user was among those listed as being for sale on the third party site. Because these sites exist solely to make money off these items, and because we have confirmed the account that gave you this pet is associated with one of these sites, it is clear that you did not receive the pet as a “gift” from a friend or through any other legitimate means.

We do understand that sometimes people make mistakes or believe scammers who may tell you that purchasing pets is not against the rules, hoping you have not read our Terms of Use. It appears that your account has otherwise been in good standing with us. If you can please give us details about the site you’ve purchased from, including any contact information for the seller and additional purchase details (including PayPal receipts/confirmation), this will help us stop these scammers from tricking other people into jeopardizing their accounts in the future. If you are able to help us out, we may be able to return your account to you just this once – as long as you promise not to break the rules again! We also encourage you to contest this transaction with PayPal, as the person who took your money did not have the right to do so. Contesting the transaction will help us in our efforts to get PayPal to stop allowing these scammers to continue selling our intellectual property.

Purchasing pets from a third-party site supports scammers, unbalances the game, and gives cheaters an advantage over honest players who earn what they have on their accounts. You can review our Terms of Use here:(you need an account to see links) . We hope you can now understand why we find this such a serious offense and will be willing to assist us in stopping these sellers once and for all. We look forward to hearing back from you with any additional information you can provide!

Frank R., The Neopets Team

I'm not tempted to mail back the info, but if I was... Any chance I'll get it back? Lmfao. Or are they just talking out their ass some more??
    Last edited by Matt~; 08-01-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    970 times
    Time Online
    279d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    No one's gotten their account back from this, so it's them talking out their ass. How the heck did they get you so far along? November 1st? Geez.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    970 times
    Time Online
    279d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    Also, we ban snitches, just saying.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kylae For This Useful Post:

Cody. (08-01-2012),Graff (08-03-2012),John (08-01-2012),Jubjubb (08-02-2012),kooldude888 (08-03-2012),Kristin (08-01-2012),Ryan~ (08-01-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    125/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    47d 22h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Okay lmao. I figured. And I have no idea. Lmao.

Not thinking about it at all. I'm not stupid.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    ay tell you that purchasing pets is not against the rules, hoping you have not read our Terms of Use. It appears that your accou
    Regardless, you accepted. Don't be fooled.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

7. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Ronith (08-03-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    125/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    47d 22h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I'm not. Was just wondering if anyone has gotten their account back from it lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    6h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    As you said earlier. They are blowing steam out their asses.
    Neopets is possibly one of the most strictest websites out there.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    125/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    47d 22h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I know. It's crazy, especially since it's just a gaming site.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    dafuq..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    108/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    49d 8h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I wish Nickelodeon never bought them out -_- game sucks now, I use to be an honest player, until i met all you guys and let me tell you, id be going crazy right now if i was still an honest player, I was broke before becoming a real player and doing everything right, and yes im saying this is a way better way to go than being an "honest" player, which im surprised there still are "honest" players, id think we would all be running this site by now

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dom~ For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (08-02-2012)