Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recommendations for a new laptop :)?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    228/0
    Mentioned
    394 times
    Time Online
    71d 6h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    My recommendation would be that you have to search for a one with a lot of hard disk space and good memory RAM 2+ gb is perfect.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to metaldroga For This Useful Post:

Reese (07-28-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    63 times
    Time Online
    9d 2h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Reese View Post
    I use my desktop for most things, but I would like a laptop for portability ^_^. I would use it for gaming(WoW), web browsing, and light word processing. I have an older Macbook now but I can't say I care too much for it . My budget would be anywhere from $300-1000 depending on the laptop .
    Used laptops would be fine as well ^_^. Will +rep for good advice (:.
    Try looking on eBay for factory refurbished laptops, despite their name they actually are pretty much brand new. If you live in the USA, you will have plenty available to you. I went to the states last year with my family and actually spoke to a seller on eBay and managed to get him to send a laptop to my holiday address. For I think $600 I got a lenovo y560, 4gb ram, quad core i7 processor, mid/upper range ati graphics card (mobility 5730) and 500gb hard drive. The laptop itself was packaged in the original packaging, with protective screen seels and everything. The laptop looked brand new, no scratches, nothing.

I know for a fact that here in the UK, a laptop of the same calibre brand new, or even second hand would cost a lot more than what I paid for mine. That was a year ago, so I suspect models such as mine will be cheaper or better models will be out. I can play pretty much any game on my laptop, metro 2033 in mid-high settings and it hasn't failed me yet.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jongeh For This Useful Post:

Reese (07-28-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I disagree with everyone . I personally believe that MOST things ( not all ) from apple are worth the money you pay. I spent 1000 $ on my MacBook Air 120 GB Intel Core 2 Duco , 3 years ago and it still works as good as the day i bought it . I have my machine partitioned with boot camp using 60 Gb for windows ( to use the programs from here ) and 60 GB for mac and i to say i see no difference in speed . To be honest though they are not the best gaming laptops. if you are looking for a overall well rounded computer go with a Macbook pro and if you want something for on the go , go with a macbook air , but if you are looking for a portable gaming laptop go with an Alien

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ciclame For This Useful Post:

John (08-18-2012)