89/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    6d 22h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Tips on losing weight without surgery or liposuction

Hello everyone, I decided to write this because there are many people who ask weight reduction tips.

So first my build, I started working out this Sept. 1, 2012. This is because my doctor advice me that I have to workout, I enrolled in a local gym for 6 months, and have been going there regularly. I started at 5'10 260 lbs. and right now I'm 230 lbs.

Now let's go to the ways:

Since I have to work in the morning, I only have time to go to gym at around 5pm onward.

First week: I just do some of light workouts, this is to condition the body for later on. Light workout means cardio, ie. treadmill, bicycle, elliptical and so on.. I would do this for an hour with 3-5 min break per machine.

Second week: I increase the time doing cardio, increased it to 2 hours. More cardio means more calories burnt and faster weight reduction. Also at this point I notice my leg muscle have developed, my stamina have increased.

Third week onward: Now I ask my instructor to split my time, He advice me to do 1 and half hour of cardio and the rest for muscle training/weight lifting. He says that with more muscle calories will be burnt faster.

Now to the diet:

I reduced the food intake significantly as requested by the doctor. This means less carbo, less meat, and more veggies/fruits, and no sweetened drinks. I also follow a 5 meals per day diet:
    8am light breakfast: 1 hard boiled egg and 1 glass of milk, since I don't like the yolk i just eat egg white. 1 bowl of oatmeal cereal or cornflakes w/milk. This is of course low fat. and some fruits.
    10am: 3-5 pieces of sugar less biscuits or crackers
    12pm light lunch: 1/2 cup of white rice with 100 grams of meat and a cup of veggies
    3pm: Fruit break, ie. 1pc of apple/orange, 2pcs of banana.
    5/6pm light supper: same as lunch it is advisable to eat different veggies and meat. and some fruits. In my case I eat after an hour of the gym session.

Hydration is also very important, drink at least 1.5L to 2L of water per day. I consume 1L at the gym.

These are my activities, with a little sacrifice and hard work everything is possible.

The tips written above are all based on me, please be advice that you have to be flexible on your body's conditions, don't overdo it.

Any suggestions and tips are welcome, please don't reply something like that's so obvious, and if I somehow help please don't forget to thank me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to winston_tiu For This Useful Post:

Daisuke (10-04-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 19h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Guess I'll contribute some knowledge :p

I would also recommend once you start getting used to working out, start lifting heavy. The more muscle mass you can gain the faster you'll be able to lose fat and see an improvement on your body composition. Lifting Heavy also causes your metabolic rate (metabolism) to raise therefore having even greater potential to lose more weight. Lifting light weight is okay, but once you start putting your body through intense workouts that's when you'll really see results. But one thing that is most overlooked when people are looking to lose weight is Diet and well... Sleep.

Diet
    Generally you should be aiming at around .8-1g protein per body lb. Protein keeps you satisfied longer and helps keep cravings away. Carbs should be rather low but they also help give you energy throughout the day so keep that in mind when limiting your Carb intake. When you do eat carbs try to eat Complex Carbs such as vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. They aid in the digestion process and also leave you satisfied. For those of you that have problems controlling your eating habits continue to eat what you like but just eat less of it. It's simple I know but it's amazing to me how very few people do it.

Sleep
    Sleep is important. My recommendation is at LEAST 7 hours a day. If you have hidden godlike genetics like some of my friends do, then this doesn't apply to you. But for us normal people you need to sleep. Without sleep your muscles have very little time to grow and it may even hinder your progress.

I kinda know a lot when it comes to weightlifting/losing weight. This isn't even 2% of what I wanted to post. XD Any other questions you could just talk to me privately I guess. I've done and tried almost anything you can think of. I might be young, but I've been learning about this stuff for a longgg time and still learning.