103/4
    Mentioned
    640 times
    Time Online
    15d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

Have you ever lost a friend?

Yesterday my friend decided to see how long he could hold his breath underwater...he's a football player so he's super determined and stubborn :/
    He drowned. But they brought him back to life and he should recover fine.

Have you ever lost a friend, or came close to losing one? How?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    289 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    No, never. None of my friends have ever died, but I have lost friendship to some old friends several times.
    Once my old friend I had ever since I was 3 told their teacher that their nanny was hitting them with a belt and chasing them around the house and she had to stay after school for hours and hours, and then suddenly we got the news that she was taken away by CPS and she did't come back till two years. She was returned after two years and got to stay at home for like a few months but then she got taken away again and I never saw her again.

I forgot to mention that I did lose my dad though, because his heart was weak and he was really sick.
    Last edited by Emiley; 07-22-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    32d 6h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I've been fortunate enough that none of my friends have died or came close.
    My little sister's friend died in a car wreck a few years ago, though.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    103/4
    Mentioned
    640 times
    Time Online
    15d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    This same friend almost died in a car wreck last year, too. He's incredibly blessed.

I lost my grandpa, grandma, uncle, uncles granddaughter, and someone else in like a span of 3 years... ;(

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    129/0
    Mentioned
    355 times
    Time Online
    89d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Lost a close friend ~1,5 years ago, he had epilepsy. Very few knew about it and he lived past the age given by doctors. It was hard, we had become really close in the 6 months I knew him and he was a talented conductor. But I'm glad he left at home, close to his family.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I was in a band with the same people from 8th grade through 12th grade, our senior year our most charismatic and talented member died suddenly, I'd known him since 6th grade. It was tragic, he was driving and there were 3 people in the car with him, all drunk and high, and all 4 died. It was surreal, someone that you talked with yesterday to be gone the next.

Also, a lady I work with found her son doing drugs in their house (he was 25), she got mad at him and he ran out of the house, got in the car, and died 5 minutes later. This happened 3 months ago, I didn't know him, but I can't imagine the guilt she and her husband have every day for how they dealt with his drug habit.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Two of my friends I graduated with had their older brothers who were both seniors die in a car crash 1 month before graduation. I didn't really know their brothers, but it's still crazy =\

Also had a friend who I have known for a lot longer get in a bad car crash last year. He was in critical condition for a long time, almost a coma-like state. He is slowly recovering. He had to learn how to walk and get all his motor skills back. He can still talk and all just fine but he is a little slower now and talks a little different. He was veryyy lucky!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

~*~ Kylae's BFF #1 ~*~
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    21h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I don't really have family in the States so I don't have many to lose. My closest friends are all pretty dern smart, and have stayed out of trouble so far, so I'm hoping that doesn't change anytime soon. I'm rather fond of 'em.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    When I was 14 I walked into my brothers room and seen his leg (he was asleep on his bed). He should not of been though he should of been at work so I opened to door to tell him to wake up. But he was dead , rigamortis ect had set in so they said he probably went about midnight. We belive this was suicide however there was no note , so we never knew. I know this much , I was play fighting with him one minute , the next minute he was on the phone having a argument with his g.f then I found him dead the next day. He did suffer from migraines however and took quite a few pills for it so we could not rule accidental overdose out. For a long time my family was caught up in why it happened I just got to the point where it did not even matter why it happened the end result was the same. My big brother was dead and I think about him everyday , I miss him so much and wish he had just talked to me if it was suicide. He was 18 when this happened.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    103/4
    Mentioned
    640 times
    Time Online
    15d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by raredaredevil View Post
    When I was 14 I walked into my brothers room and seen his leg (he was asleep on his bed). He should not of been though he should of been at work so I opened to door to tell him to wake up. But he was dead , rigamortis ect had set in so they said he probably went about midnight. We belive this was suicide however there was no note , so we never knew. I know this much , I was play fighting with him one minute , the next minute he was on the phone having a argument with his g.f then I found him dead the next day. He did suffer from migraines however and took quite a few pills for it so we could not rule accidental overdose out. For a long time my family was caught up in why it happened I just got to the point where it did not even matter why it happened the end result was the same. My big brother was dead and I think about him everyday , I miss him so much and wish he had just talked to me if it was suicide. He was 18 when this happened.
    I'm so sorry man....